• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marsya
      Since I haven’t had a WIP in a very long time, I thought this mini would be perfect for it. I plan to paint her up for a Christmas gift for a friend and figured to keep me on track I’d do a WIP. 

I have a few minis in progress she’ll be my main priority after my Darksword Stephanie Law Bard. I prepped her and primed yesterday after the humidity finally dropped.

My current projects in various stages on my desk. 

And just the pinup after some prep work 

A few places I could have spent more time on but figured I’ll prime and see what stands out. 

I used army painter matte black primer followed by Tamiya fine white primer. For the bits on her base I left them in black since she will be the focal point no need to use white on them, it’ll help the colors be a bit more muted. 

And finally my quick mock up for color checking. I usually just print a stock photo and use my paints over it to plan the general scheme. 

Now to finish up my bard then onto tackling her flesh. Since she’ll have a hint of sheer with her stocking I needed to be sure the color for her skin and the sheer works and won’t lose the effect due to the color choices. 

Feel free to post C&C throughout, or ask questions. I’m always happy to share what I can. I’ll do my best to share the steps I take and colors used. 

Happy painting everyone. 
    • By rubegon
      I’m starting my first of the kid heroes from the Bones 5 core set.  I really like the character design with the sharp looking long coat, cool hair and bone sword.

I want to do something different with the skin on this one.  I want to paint them as a moon elf, with cool undertones and warmer highlights.

im going to try basecoating with a blue and highlight up to pinkish highlight.  Not sure if this is going to work.

Starting with a basecoat of ritterlich:dark elf at about 1:1.

This is along the lines of what I’m going for with the skin.  Putting this here for reference.

• By rubegon
      The merfolk in Dark Depths sculpted by Bobby Jackson were one of the things I was most looking forward to in Bones 5.

I chose the Mermaid Ranger for my RCL Q3 Large Group “Under the Sea”, and started work on her after ReaperCon.

I've been trying to make bolder color choices, and thought this was a great mini to push myself in that direction.

I’ve posted some WIPs on discord, but wanted to record the process here in a bit more detail.

First I primed both rangers with Badger neutral primer, and then basecoated the tails and hair with 0963 Coal Black

Then I tried to airbrush the tails with 09330 Wild Violet while leaving some dark shadows.

• By ecs05norway
      Been working on these guys as a test for the squad color scheme. Trying some layering on the white, it's working out well so far.
      They're 1:48 scale, same as Star Wars Legion, and I've rebased them onto the same 27mm bases that Legion uses. Mostly because the standard D1947 bases are like 35mm. Way huge.

• By Coffee Nerdery Beer
      Hi there all, I've decided to dive into the deep end with finally trying the scary world of OSL. 😄

Feel I've lost the plot on this ... so any advice on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated! (Having fun, though, despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing. 😁)

I'm including a "top down" view, which is where I'm most confuddled. That dark line down his arm which represents the shadow from the staff which sits between the source of light ... it just doesn't look right to me.  🤔

So, I'm all ears for suggestions on improvements!

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)