Pingo

You folks okay after the storm?

I hear there was some bad weather in north Texas yestereen. Denton was mentioned. Are the Reaper employees and their loved ones safe?

• Like 1

I heard Baseball sized hail in Denton on the radio this morning.  Thanks for posting this Pingo, I was going to ask the same thing.

I saw some posts about home and car damage from the hail on Facebook last night from the various people I know in that area, but everyone was reporting that they were otherwise ok. I'm sure the locals can provide additional details.

~v

They do say everything is bigger in Texas.  I have always found the description of golf ball and/or baseball sized hail to be terrifying.  Hopefully the damage was only minor.  

I hear the insurance companies told people not to drive their hail-damaged vehicles but leave them in place for assessment.

Good news! I left a comment over on the KS, and it seems that the folks in Denton have sounded off and are doing fine:

Bryan Stiltz 4 minutes ago

@Aard Rinn: There was tornadic activity in Denton, but all of our workers were unharmed (some have reported broken windows and fences) and our factory is up and running. We will have an update shortly.

• Like 5

I hear the insurance companies told people not to drive their hail-damaged vehicles but leave them in place for assessment.

The dents might make the cars go faster?

Just saw this thread.  

A few of our workers chimed in with broken windows, one saw the remains of a twister as it dissipated, and I had some damage to my fence which caused me to be late today (can't let the dogs out until it was fixed, you see).

No injuries or significant property damage.  My cat was freaked the heck out, spent all night in the hallway hissing at anybody who walked past.

The dents might make the cars go faster?
...they paint it red?
  • Like 2

My cat was freaked the heck out, spent all night in the hallway hissing at anybody who walked past.

this differs from normal cat behaviour in what way exactly?

• Like 8

My cat was freaked the heck out, spent all night in the hallway hissing at anybody who walked past.

It's in the hallway. 

• Like 4

It's in the hallway. 

Yeah. Normally she's hissing at me from under the coffee table.  Sometimes from on my keyboard.  Hallway? That's just weird!