Sign in to follow this  
Clever Crow

Mashaaf

We now have a love/hate relationship Clever Crow... I hate you for being able to get a hold of this figure to paint so much earlier than the rest of us, but I absolutely love the paint-job you did on her!

Edit: Yes, Mashaaf is the Great Mother Worm, so female.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

Wow, someone has a bug up the tuchus.

Michael, I love this Mashaaf. Totally not how mine will be painted, but I like the colors a bunch, and the yellows on the spiny bits may well get stolen.

I'm not sure about the stony look to the back-plates, but they do look nice against the greens and purples. If you have a chance and the desire, could you give some of the thought process behind the rocky aesthetic?

On the whole, as I've mentioned in other threads, this paint job just makes me want my Mashaaf even more, and I can't wait to see it at Reapercon in a few weeks!

Some posts have been hidden.

I invite our new members to the forum to please read and understand our Forum Rules.

In reagards to the removed posts, the following passages, emphasis mine, applies.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

If you have issue with this, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or at the e-mail address in my signature.

No issue. I stated my honest opinion, and was censored. I don't like it and pointed out why. If I can't give someone honest advice, fine. I was trying not to be either defamatory, abusive or hateful. I was calling it like I saw it. My bad.

Wow, someone has a bug up the tuchus.

Michael, I love this Mashaaf. Totally not how mine will be painted, but I like the colors a bunch, and the yellows on the spiny bits may well get stolen.

I'm not sure about the stony look to the back-plates, but they do look nice against the greens and purples. If you have a chance and the desire, could you give some of the thought process behind the rocky aesthetic?

On the whole, as I've mentioned in other threads, this paint job just makes me want my Mashaaf even more, and I can't wait to see it at Reapercon in a few weeks!

Thanks for the support.  

The rocky aesthetic?  From talking to Kevin before I painted the piece those are rocks on the back as Mashaaf just came out of the ground.  I did go back and forth on the rock color and shading but thought that the cooler more blueish look to the rocks helped with the contrast of the skin.  Just my take on the choices of color.  

Does that answer your question? 

• Like 2

It does, thanks. I wasn't really reading the sculpt that way, since the whole body is above ground, so I was trying to reconcile the rocks on her back as being scales or armor plates. You're right that the color choices work well.

Thanks for the answers!

• Like 1

I was ogling this in the preview gallery. I do like the weird, alien look. I may go more for a wormy, carrion crawler, icky maggot look for mine - but the green and purple is a really cool look!

• Like 3

This is one of the figures that I'm most excited about getting. I personally love the job you did with this figure using the green/purple they work really well as more alienish like Mr. Goblin stated. I'm sure a lot of us have different visions for what it should look like when we paint her up, but I really do think this is a great version.

• Like 1

I like to see the more creative and far out schemes, things most of us didn't envision in the piece. It shows more possibile interpretations of it. Some of us see it as a carrion crawler queen, some as a cthulhu beastie, and now I see one equally at home as a fantasy/horror beastie or a space marine bug.

• Like 3