First reapercon, What do I need to bring?

osugambit

I would encourage everyone to bring a pair of long pants and a jacket or sweatshirt.  When I drove to Reapercon last year, it was around 85 degrees F / 30 degrees C.  By Thursday morning the temperature dropped to around freezing.  Which made for an interesting time while waiting outside the factory in order to buy class tickets as I had only brought short-sleeved shirts and no jacket.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct. Also, even if you are buying everything off of a sprue, you can stand there, clips the parts from the sprue, and toss it (the sprue part) in the melt bucket, only paying for the parts you actually want.

(But please don't snip something off the sprue and put the remaining sprue back in the boneyard containers. That is bad form, and annoying to the person that finds it.)

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

Yup, you can purchase individual bits, or if you have metal scraps or unused reaper minis you can trade ounce for ounce.  It is a great deal to be able to get just the weapon you want without having to get the whole sprue.  Even if you want the whole sprue, you can cut off the sprue and just count the weight of the weapons/items.

bring "space" in your luggage to take lots of stuff home.  Last year was my first year I and was unprepared for how must cool stuff there was to get.  Also, get ready to meet a lot of really cool people and have more fun than should be legally possible.

I hope to see you there.

• Like 1

I just started my check list. I pack pretty light for business travel, or tourist vacations, but I pack super-heavy for conventions.

bring "space" in your luggage to take lots of stuff home.  Last year was my first year I and was unprepared for how must cool stuff there was to get.  Also, get ready to meet a lot of really cool people and have more fun than should be legally possible.

I hope to see you there.

I'd bring a whole empty suitcase, if I could.

I'm already maxed on space. I have no idea how I'll get two swag bags and the two dinner swag bags home, much less anything else I pick up (at least two of the 12014 Warlord Sculpts)

Does anybody know if there's a UPS store or similar within walking distance of the hotel? I have a little time Monday to hit one of those places before my flight leaves.