[SPLIT] Outrider Hobby Concerns

Argentee

Argentee, the last paragraph of my last post, to be clear, was a general statement, not specifically meant for you...you just got it because it was relevant. I don't think I've seen you post anything that would lead me to believe you're likely to hulk out on a whim.

Do keep us posted on any response you get. I'll email him about my order on Saturday, as that's the one-week mark, and I'll certainly keep you all up to speed as it goes.

• Like 3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never gotten my foam that I ordered from him last year. Or any response to my emails. :downcast:

I sent him lots of polite emails asking for nothing more than an update about my order last year. He never responded to anything. On the Outrider Hobbies website he says "I have decided that I am going to refund any order made prior to January 1, 2014, that has not been fulfilled." but to get it you will have to contact him and he doesn't respond to emails at all. Never. Not unless you are asking him to sell you something. If you've already paid him for products he will ignore you. You may want to try his facebook page. Sometimes his son will answer your request and say they are shipping out your order "today" but you will still not get anything. This was my, and many other people's experience with Outrider. I ended up filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against him.

I recommend asking about your order, or a refund, politely on facebook. Maybe someone will answer it. 

How long ago was the last time you emailed him? He did tell me that his email service had given him problems in the past few months, so you may have better luck now if you try again.

I would also suggest, despite whatever desires you have toward the opposite, that anyone attempting to contact him be respectful, or at least polite...clear and firm, but polite. Flies and honey, and so forth; I don't believe this is a business that responds constructively to anger or threats.

I wish you were right but you are dead wrong, unfortunately. I sent him lots of extremely polite emails and they were all ignored. I would be happy to post them if you like. On facebook I also asked for an update and was lied to. Over a month after I asked for an update on facebook his son responded that my order was made and would be shipped out the next day. Over a month later... nothing. Polite calls... nothing. Polite emails.. nothing. Harsh emails, calls... nothing. It took a BBB complaint and ReaperBryan to get my order shipped out and he still never replied to any email or phone call. No apology after all the mess either. This guy may be a friendly and wonderful person in real life but he is uncaring and disrespectful to his online customers and many of his business partners. Being polite to him is not the answer. Avoiding buying anything from him that he can't place directly into your hand. Maybe he will honor the sales he made at ReaperCon. That doesn't mean he cares one bit about the people who ordered from him last year. He still has their money and many many many have nothing to show for it.

Oh, I never hulk out. The angrier I am the quieter and more controlled I get. My husband is the ranter and raver. Me, they never hear coming...

Edited to add: my order was only for $12. I can afford to lose $12 and it's not worth getting angry over. When dealing with a company for the first time I try to make my first order small. If service and the product is good, then I drop the serious money. If not, I've not lost more than I can afford.

Edited by Argentee
  • Like 5

He appeared to be a "salesman" to me. "Salesmen" will whisper honey into your ears so long as you pay. Once the wallet runs dry then the honey vanishes as fast as the salesman. Just my initial impression from talking to him. I've been in retail for over a decade and can tell when I'm getting smoke blown up my skirt.

• Like 3

How long ago was the last time you emailed him? He did tell me that his email service had given him problems in the past few months, so you may have better luck now if you try again.

I would also suggest, despite whatever desires you have toward the opposite, that anyone attempting to contact him be respectful, or at least polite...clear and firm, but polite. Flies and honey, and so forth; I don't believe this is a business that responds constructively to anger or threats.

I wish you were right but you are dead wrong, unfortunately. I sent him lots of extremely polite emails and they were all ignored. I would be happy to post them if you like. On facebook I also asked for an update and was lied to. Over a month after I asked for an update on facebook his son responded that my order was made and would be shipped out the next day. Over a month later... nothing. Polite calls... nothing. Polite emails.. nothing. Harsh emails, calls... nothing. It took a BBB complaint and ReaperBryan to get my order shipped out and he still never replied to any email or phone call. No apology after all the mess either. This guy may be a friendly and wonderful person in real life but he is uncaring and disrespectful to his online customers and many of his business partners. Being polite to him is not the answer. Avoiding buying anything from him that he can't place directly into your hand. Maybe he will honor the sales he made at ReaperCon. That doesn't mean he cares one bit about the people who ordered from him last year. He still has their money and many many many have nothing to show for it.

Having followed this thread since it's inception, I'm well aware of your experience, and I agree it's not the best way to gain loyal customers (understatement, yes). I am simply expressing my experience and my optimism, and I'd like to think my last several posts--as full of "i hope this works" as I can make them--make clear just how cautious my optimism is. I want to believe that this year is a new era for Outrider, one that will result in my bag being full of foam I can use for all my minis-transport needs. We shall see.

Argentee, I hope you find a resolution, either in foam or by refund, via FB, email or phone.

Having followed this thread since it's inception, I'm well aware of your experience, and I agree it's not the best way to gain loyal customers (understatement, yes). I am simply expressing my experience and my optimism, and I'd like to think my last several posts--as full of "i hope this works" as I can make them--make clear just how cautious my optimism is. I want to believe that this year is a new era for Outrider, one that will result in my bag being full of foam I can use for all my minis-transport needs. We shall see.

Argentee, I hope you find a resolution, either in foam or by refund, via FB, email or phone.

That's a great attitude to have. I wish Outrider would turn things around and have a great year also. It just seems risky to listen to his words and not consider his actual business practices. His official statement says that he will not be fulfilling his 2013 orders and instead has offered to refund money to a few customers, but not every customer. Being optimistic is commendable and I wholeheartedly approve. That doesn't help the many people who have paid him for foam, patches or bags and will not be getting their products or a refund.

I'm sure that he wants to do better in 2014 but that doesn't change the fact that he's a fraudulent businessman. His stated business strategy for 2014 is to not fulfill his missing 2012-2013 orders and continue from there. Buying from him now truly enables him to simply step over all of his old customers. That's exactly what he is trying to do. As the saying goes, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I wish the guy success, but he needs to either make good on all of his old sales or actually give out refunds. What he's trying to get away with isn't even legal. That's troubling. 

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 2

Here's an example of something he has posted on Facebook: 

Hey, so I guess you guys completely folded on the game boards for On the Lamb Games, yeah? January 22 at 9:31pm
  •  
  • 1381313_10202179980838949_1519274581_t.j
    Bryan Wade I haven't spoken to Emily for a while, but I have gotten all of the US orders shipped. Just waiting on some funds so I can ship the international orders. I was covering the cost of the project until the orders completed shipment.

He never shipped these boards. Never. He just lied about it until he got caught then he stopped answering questions about it and moved on to selling more stuff that he generally doesn't fulfill. That's his modus operandi. Best to steer clear and buy from a business that reliably fills their orders. I'm kind of interested in KR. They look pretty good!

He appeared to be a "salesman" to me. "Salesmen" will whisper honey into your ears so long as you pay. Once the wallet runs dry then the honey vanishes as fast as the salesman. Just my initial impression from talking to him. I've been in retail for over a decade and can tell when I'm getting smoke blown up my skirt.

This implies you have worn a skirt before?

I judge a business by their actions and customer service. So far, from everyone's horror stories. Outrider is on my never to buy list despite from what people are accounting, a friendly fellow. Jack Sparrow says it best, "A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for."

• Like 1

What he did with and to skirts before we were married is none of my concern, as long as he leaves mine alone.

• Like 5

What he did with and to skirts before we were married is none of my concern, as long as he leaves mine alone.
Your corsets are fair game though, right?
  • Like 2

Your corsets are fair game though, right?

He enjoys life, he knows better.

• Like 6

Just so everyone knows, I met his son, he is maybe 13. So while I'm sure he has the best of intentions of helping his dad out, there is only so much that he can do.

This was the red flag that made me decide to just compliment him on his foam and walk away. That's insane.