Sign in to follow this  
Beagle

If EFS planned D-Day

I'm home! My service to Queen and Country is done, and after months of hot, boring deployment I have returned to the UK to find a mountain of kickstarter goodies stacked in the hall.

Sadly that last bit is a lie and the great horde of kickstarter miniatures I had anticipated have failed to materialise, with the exception of two packages from the two projects I least expected to see. Dwarf Gladiators and Two sets of Otherworld minis await my examination.

More later once I've unpacked

Welcome home buddy! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the gladiators.

Morning fellow EFS victims.

I'll put up a review of the Dwarf Gladiators later today, but in the meantime check out the Midgard comments for news on tabs!!!!

Morning fellow EFS victims.

I'll put up a review of the Dwarf Gladiators later today, but in the meantime check out the Midgard comments for news on tabs!!!!

I thought you'd be joking.  I don't know what I really expected.  This makes me sad.

Afternoon my little cockapoos.

Right then, I said I'd let you know about my parcel of Dwarf Gladiators (I'll try to get some pics done later, at the moment I just can't be arsed ;-)

So there are a large number of minis in the box, and they represent about half the range from the Kickstarter. So I have most of the basic dwarves, the orc champion and the big cat, the chaos dwarf, deathroller and bits of the large chariot thingy.

So what's good about these minis I hear you ask? Well, the quality is above average and the Roman gladiator style really works well. The proportions of the dwarves are right and there's some nice variation with variable heads, helmets and weapons. The Orc champion is the highlight, they've really nailed him.

There are no mold lines, no resin flash and no bubbles that I can see.

The only problem I have is that the pack seems to have been sent without enough hands and weapons for all the miniatures, so keep an eye open for that when your parcel arrives.

The Essadiarius chariot arrived with its rider but without the creatures to pull it. I expect they'll be part of batch two.

My only other beef is that Mick put the full kickstarter contribution on the customs slip, which cost me £45 in fees. I wouldn't mind this so much if it wasn't only half the minis and that I'll need to pay again when the second batch arrives.

Also included were a couple of minis from Midgard. The wandering dwarf and techno mage are VERY nice, the Aboleth is so so with some mold line issues. 

Photos later....if I can motivate myself to stay awake. It's been a long 5 months.

• Like 5

thanks for that beagle! also glad your back. great to hear the minis look good.

i don't want this to come off in the wrong way but do you think you got your order because you were in communication with mick?

is it worth hitting him up?

thanks for that beagle! also glad your back. great to hear the minis look good.

i don't want this to come off in the wrong way but do you think you got your order because you were in communication with mick?

is it worth hitting him up?

I really don't know if it would help you get the mnis faster.

I think it was the fact that I complained, and complained, and complained.....and complained......and complained.......... 

• Like 1