If EFS planned D-Day

Beagle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse after excuse after excuse, and everything done at a pace that defies belief. 

Really, it is a pace that is almost incomprehensible. I mean, the greens are done, a good proportion of the minis have been cast, and we are kind of making continous progress, but the pace man, the pace! I just wrote in the comment section that I do not think we'll see these minis within 2014, and that really is what I believe (honestly, I also suspect there's a good chance of 'never').

Of note is also that what we're talking of here is casting of the resin minis; a lot of people are also waiting for the metal versions, and that comes "after the resin" (I elected to switch to resin a month ago when I saw where this was going).

But hey, at least we've got a printer now! :bday:

• Like 2

Excuse after excuse after excuse, and everything done at a pace that defies belief. 

I mean, the greens are done, a good proportion of the minis have been cast, and we are kind of making continous progress,

Mate, you should be a politician. That's spinning of the highest order :-)

• Like 2

Not surprised he's not been able to do anything, his place must be full of ducks in rows and puppies in beds by now.  

Guy sure knows how to prevaricate.

Prevaricate is a great word.

Really, it is a pace that is almost incomprehensible. I mean, the greens are done, a good proportion of the minis have been cast, and we are kind of making continous progress, but the pace man, the pace! I just wrote in the comment section that I do not think we'll see these minis within 2014, and that really is what I believe (honestly, I also suspect there's a good chance of 'never').

Of note is also that what we're talking of here is casting of the resin minis; a lot of people are also waiting for the metal versions, and that comes "after the resin" (I elected to switch to resin a month ago when I saw where this was going).

But hey, at least we've got a printer now! :bday:

Well come on, there are only six months left in 2014, and several of them have long weekends in them. You can't get anything done on a long weekend.

• Like 5

I posted again on the Midgard project. I feel a bit like I'm kicking a puppy and I'm not enjoying it, but then I wouldn't let a puppy project manage a kickstarter

I just read it. It might be harsh, but it is also completely true. I agree with everything you said there; the piece about the printer being laughable yet tragic brought a sad smile to my face.

Also, I had to look up prevaricate. It is a great word.

• Like 1

What I found really odd there too is that he said that Valiant contacted him this time. All of the comments here and on the Midgard Kickstarter just seem weird because he's continually suggesting things are at a stage of nearly being done, while when he comments again weeks or months later things seem to be at the exact same stage. Either he isn't doing the things he says he needs to, or he isn't giving the full story with any updates.

I can't help but contrast this with the Low Life Kickstarter. Which is annoying as well, but when I check the comments there Andy is active and since it became clear the project was troubled he's been up front about that. He's not shirked blame and he's talked about needing to fix things. I'm still not happy with how the project has gone, but I'm at least much happier with how Andy has tried to deal with it.

Mick really needs to accept that for whatever reason the projects are in an unacceptable state. I realise as a middle man he can't suddenly make everything available. But what he can do is be clear about the issues and talk about an actual plan for trying to get things moving.

I'm not on Dwarf Gladiators, but I really should be complaining more on Midgard. To be honest I really just don't have any confidence in EFS and spending too much time dwelling on it makes me angry, so I've been avoiding dwelling on it too much.

Edited by Berik
  • Like 2

What I found really odd there too is that he said that Valiant contacted him this time. All of the comments here and on the Midgard Kickstarter just seem weird because he's continually suggesting things are at a stage of nearly being done, while when he comments again weeks or months later things seem to be at the exact same stage. Either he isn't doing the things he says he needs to, or he isn't giving the full story with any updates.

I can't help but contrast this with the Low Life Kickstarter. Which is annoying as well, but when I check the comments there Andy is active and since it became clear the project was troubled he's been up front about that. He's not shirked blame and he's talked about needing to fix things. I'm still not happy with how the project has gone, but I'm at least much happier with how Andy has tried to deal with it.

Mick really needs to accept that for whatever reason the projects are in an unacceptable state. I realise as a middle man he can't suddenly make everything available. But what he can do is be clear about the issues and talk about an actual plan for trying to get things moving.

I'm not on Dwarf Gladiators, but I really should be complaining more on Midgard. To be honest I really just don't have any confidence in EFS and spending too much time dwelling on it makes me angry, so I've been avoiding dwelling on it too much.

Well, with more people raising concerns it's less likely that I come off as some ranting nutter. So please feel free to chip in on the comments page :-)

• Like 3

Mick and EFS have shown themselves to be completely incompetent. I had them liked on my facebook for a while...and was frankly amazed at all the "wips" they'd post of stuff not even belonging to the KS's they'd signed up to do that they were so behind on. They must be independently wealthy or just costing on the KS money they pulled in. I don't know how they could stay in business otherwise. I'd be shocked if they were able to get anyone to work with them again. 

Beagle, I just posted on the Comments section in Midgard.  I did receive the aboleth and offal worm which was a big chunk of my pledge, so I am happy for that and had to give him credit for sending those (though I think those have been in his hands since the Kickstarter so it did take over a year and a half to get stuff he could have probably mailed me right after he got my money, especially after I posted months ago I'd be fine with a partial delivery now and the rest later when done).   What stuck out for me was the mention of a $10,000 check he is waiting to clear.  I'm not sure if he means he paid that to Valiant and they are waiting for the check to clear but I think he means someone gave him a $10,000 check and he is waiting for it to clear.  I asked him to come forward and explain things to his backers.  If he is short of funds and it is impossible for him to fulfill the Kickstarter, he should come clean so at least people are not waiting in vain for stuff they'll never get.  I still have a distant hope that he will deliver, but if he already knows he won't, I'd rather know and move on than keep spending time checking for updates that amount to empty promises.

Thanks Zoro, well done.

Andy Hopp has started yet another Kickstarter. You would think he'd spend his time delivering on the projects people gave him money for two years ago, rather than starting new projects.

Hopp's problems aren't Hopp-related, though. I think all his printed material has been coming along fine? It's just the stuff Mick was supposed to handle that fubar'd.

Should he put his business on hold because these miniatures aren't working out? They're not really his thing, he does print books/card game stuff mostly. I know these little toys are important to us, but they're a luxury. Paying the rent isn't.