Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Ragnar of Utherby (original sculpt), Red Box Games

I've finally been able to make a small dent on my pile of unpainted Red Box Games miniatures. RGB are by far my favorites but at the same time I'm kind of intimidated by the detail so when it comes time to paint I pick up a miniature from another brand. But once in a while I do finish one, and yesterday was one of those times. I finished the miniature Ragnar of Utherby and I'm quite pleased with the result.

post-6964-0-33169000-1397376081_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-26763500-1397376083_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-32255800-1397376085_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

Pleased indeed.  I totally relate to your post.  I'm intimidated by those sculpts too.  One day I'll paint one and post it.  Thanks for the inspiration.

• Like 3

Pleased indeed.  I totally relate to your post.  I'm intimidated by those sculpts too.  One day I'll paint one and post it.  Thanks for the inspiration.

You're welcome :)

That looks great! It's pretty amazing to see how Tre's skills have developed and progressed from his early RBG sculpts to what he's putting out now. I think you really nailed a good paint job on this, well done! 

• Like 1

I totally understand the difficulty of making a dint in the RBG pile... So many models to paint...

You did a good job on him, so in terms of "living up to the sculpt" you did good.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By viking_hank
      WIP. Two things, first I couldn’t resist. Second I can’t believe I am the only one to do this. 

• By Gadgetman!
      Tre manor is at it again...   
      Another well-designed warband.    

Unfortunately, one of the minis is a bit... not-PG. So no pictures.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-dark-beyond/description

• By Maledrakh
      I seem to have rather alot of (20 or so) unpainted Bones left from the three first massive kickstarter campaigns, and a shipment with the bits from the fourth KS picked and packed and  underweigh in a container bound for Europe as I write this. Which means that there will soonish be more Bones. Oh yes there will.

So, in an extremely ineffectual attempt to at least get a little more of the backlog painted up before the B4 arrives, I picked a few minis at semi-random from the Drawers of Doom™ where I keep most of the prepped minis these days. (There are several (many!) drawers, and all of them are mostly packed with minis ready to be painted. I open a drawer, have a quick look at the contents and grab a mini or two. Then I close the drawers quickly. This chosen one gets the paint. This is the only way I am able to overcome the paralysis-of-choice that invariably descends if I spend to long looking at all the lovely minis.)
      It really does not help that my spending on minis both KS and otherwise has been a bit...shall we call it frivolous... the last few months, so I tend to be stockpiling more than I paint. Even though I have averaged 365+ painted minis each year these last several years, the mountains of the unpainted keep growing.

But I digress. Speedpaint incoming:

Say hello to Ingrid, supposedly a female viking warrior. With horns on the helmet. So, a Fantasy Viking then.

77225: Ingrid, Female Viking
      From the second Bones kickstarter, 2014,
      Heroes 1 subset
      sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Patrik Strom
      I think this is my favorite sculpt (at least top 5). I’ve had it for quite some time now but for whatever reason it never got to the front of the line. Recently I thought “what the hell” and put him into the paint queue. 
      I have been struggling for quite some time with trying OSL. Every attempt ended with me calling it quits and discarding that element from the paint scheme. This is the second one that I decided to keep (the first one is the two skulls from the bones cultist circle). I’m really happy with the overall result.

• By Patrik Strom
      This is my version of Grond from Hasslefree Miniatures. I've had the figure for a while but never got around to him. I can't really tell why I picked him up now (might have been that I wanted something to try my Valejo steel color on), but after I started I had trouble putting him down. I'm really happy with how he turned out, and with very little resistance as well. I had trouble with the eyes. I would have preferred a "normal" straight ahead stare, but every time I filled the left eye it had him looking to his right. After three attempts with the same result I figured it was meant to be.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)