• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Eye of the Beholder-colored beholder!   Great color on that aberrant creature and I was wondering about that sculpt myself, knowing it's resin, I'll pass for now.

I very much like the mini-scene with the three adventurers.  All that's left of the fourth and fifth are a statue and a pile of dust, right?

Edited by Darkmeer
  • Like 1

Thanks everybody!

I didn't take a pic, but he also came with an completely clear stand/base. very useful for being the ground of any scenario.

I think I had a thing for doodling eyes when I was younger and I just needed to figure out a way to put it to paint instead of ink or pencil. I very excitedly leaped out of my chair when I was done. You can probably mess up anything BUT the eye when painting a beholder. lol

It's the Eye of the Beholder-colored beholder!   Great color on that aberrant creature and I was wondering about that sculpt myself, knowing it's resin, I'll pass for now.

I very much like the mini-scene with the three adventurers.  All that's left of the fourth and fifth are a statue and a pile of dust, right?

lol - Yeah, I was thinking around the same thing when I set that scene up. I think their only option at this point is a combination of defensive spells and running away.

The Beholder came in a set with a wizard and a Mind Flayer that I am not really interested in painting. Nice models, but they are resin which I am not fond of either. Spring Mini exchange! 

• Like 1

Haha, JDizzO the necromancer!  I am jealous of your beholder.  Not sure what there is to touch up though.  It looks great!  For some reason I always think of Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance when I see a beholder.

• Like 1

Very nicely done - especially in light of the difficulties you had building the figure.  I did the GF9 Umber Hulk up for a client a months back, so I TOTALLY feel your pain.  I was ready to test fly it across the room several times.

The Egg