joshuaslater

Dragon Bait Indie Go Go

I'm going to have to pass on this for now. Really hope I'll be able to pick up at least that Cleric at retail at some point though.

• Like 1

This is fully funded, so if anyone was on the fence because of fear of flexible funding, that concern is gone. Down to the last couple days. And apparently, the minis are already manufactured, ready to ship within days of the project end.

• Like 1

Half  a day left to get this guy: 20140528082003-Pig.JPGAnd since they are all manufactured and waiting to go in bags, it is probably faster than retail at this point.

• Like 1

This happy little band of misfits just arrived in the mail.  Hee hee hee!   They are awesome!!  Great details.  Very charming in person.  I will be very interested in his next indiegogo project.  I now understand the difference between Indiegogo and Kickstarter.

• Like 1

I just got my set today. I am very happy with the results. The original 12 minis, plus the halfling butler and the druid's boar. However, the druid is still carrying his boar, so it's an extra mini. A couple items were sculpted separately, the druid's backpack (including his sheathed scimitar) and the bards extra instruments (she's playing her flute). The nice thing about them is the minis are fully sculpted underneath, so if you left them off, they wouldn't have ugly flat spots on their backs. I think I will paint them up and leave them separate, they could be used as treasure bits or pieces of adventurer kit for lying beside a campfire. Scale wise, match up perfectly with Sir Forscale.

• Like 1

Glad to hear what a little gem of a success this seems to be. Hoping they eventually make it to retail!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I finished this one two nights ago, didn't get around to taking his photo yesterday because I got home too late last night and it was just too dark to take advantage of natural light.

Here is another Julie Guthrie Ral Partha classic from the eighties a hooded fighter/warrior/ranger with sword and shield.  Being he was originally listed in the eighties as a ranger:

I wanted to give greens and browns, but nowadays being he is just being called a hooded fighter, I still wanted to keep some natural colors but ended up giving him some non-rangery colors on his shield:

Also his inner cloak I used the same colors and painted at the same time as the female archer I just finished (her green gloves).  

Anyhows, hope you enjoy another classic figure from the past!  Julie Guthrie was great back then and she's even greater now!
    • By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      So at the same time I was working on my female hill giant, I was also working on two centaurs that the great Julie Guthrie had sculpted around 1982. I did them at the same time because I was looking for the same flesh tones because both I figured spend tons of time outside so should be very tan. 

Anyhow, an advanced warning and a link because the female centaur is showing off her mammal parts, so here's a link to her front:

Female Centaur front

and from the other side:

As well as her male companion, who is chasing her around it seems like:

Anyway a flash back into the past.  These centaurs weren't actually available too long either, being replaced by other figures under their same code.  I was told that if a set or figure didn't sell at least 200 pieces, they would get retired, so I imagine this might have been their fate back then which is a pity because they are really beautiful minis.

And I've had both of these since the eighties, but finally got around to painting them, so hope you enjoy! It's never too late to paint a mini!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Everybody,

so partially inspired by a post Master Buglips did a year ago that I can't help but keep looking back to, and partially inspired by the fact that this is a figure I've always wanted to get around to painting since I first saw it in the latter seventies/early eighties, I've finally taken the plunge and splattered some paint on this excellent figure sculpted by Julie Guthrie.  Unpainted, her face seems to be a little bit surreal, but once you actually get some paint on her, her face becomes both brutal and beautiful at the same time. 

As in everything, these pictures let me see tons of imperfections, but if you look at it with your bare eyeballs, or even close up with some magnification goggles, you don't really notice certain things.  

I really love this figure, and started with her skin as a base of Tanned Shadow, and then went down and up from there.  Tried to keep her firmly tied into earth tones, but had to do something with the jewels, but tried to make them "nature related" by keeping them green.  

For a giant nowadays, she's pretty small, but if you put her up against any Partha piece of your time, she fits in quite nicely.  I now have a painted giant collection that has reached the grand old amount of seven, three Meier Frost Giants, two Meier Hill Giants, a Meier Cloud Giant, and this Julie Guthrie gem, who is the smallest and squattest of them all (except if you hunt down the Tom Meier Fire Giant, who is probably just about the same size as a 21st century man-sized figure).

• By Darsc Zacal
      Kickstarter is Live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/burrows-and-badgers-beasts-of-northymbra-anthro-mi
      -

• Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)