Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done. Aaiiieee!  Hope I don't forget anything.

I'm already entering this mode (well, except the woman part). I almost got excited last night but then I started trying to prepare again. I like to get as prepared as possible before a trip so I can not worry about stuff while I'm on it.

Making lists, trying to figure out what I'll need and what I can live without. My wet palette isn't a very portable kind, so I'm going to rough it! I think the toughest part might be not having my regular lamp along and using the little portable jobby. It's like being on safari. I should wear short pants, helmet and monacle.

• Like 3

We are still frantically painting buildings for our game but will have everything done for the trip. 

I am SO excited.  It will be the first time my friend Brad will have been in Texas (before this, his only contact with the state was Walker, Texas Ranger - he's too young for Dallas).  I also can wait for people to see our resin river and western street tiles!

• Like 5

We are still frantically painting buildings for our game but will have everything done for the trip. 

I am SO excited.  It will be the first time my friend Brad will have been in Texas (before this, his only contact with the state was Walker, Texas Ranger - he's too young for Dallas).  I also can wait for people to see our resin river and western street tiles!

Well, that's not too bad. Some episodes were filmed in Denton.  Back then Denton was a much smaller town. 

• Like 1

I am running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done. Aaiiieee!  Hope I don't forget anything.

I'm already entering this mode (well, except the woman part). I almost got excited last night but then I started trying to prepare again. I like to get as prepared as possible before a trip so I can not worry about stuff while I'm on it.

Making lists, trying to figure out what I'll need and what I can live without. My wet palette isn't a very portable kind, so I'm going to rough it! I think the toughest part might be not having my regular lamp along and using the little portable jobby. It's like being on safari. I should wear short pants, helmet and monacle.

I sense a theme for next year!

I'd totally take the excuse to get a pith helmet. What? Admit it... You would too.

• Like 2

I sense a theme for next year!

I'd totally take the excuse to get a pith helmet. What? Admit it... You would too.

would anyone judge me if I told you I already have a pith helmet...

• Like 3

Hah! I never knew Houston was so hopping pre-Rcon!

I grew up there, through middle- and high-school, at least. And then I moved away, and then I discovered Reaper. Bad timing, that.

Vince, CBP, and all the other Houstonians, I would love to hang out a bit, but I only see my parents once or twice a year; both they and I would be disappointed if I abandoned them to hang out with people I'll get to hang out with at the con. Maybe once I get another week of vacation at work I can plan to be in TX a little longer!

Meanwhile, since I wasn't much of a gamer or hobbyist when I lived there, where are the good game stores and hobby shops in Houston? My folks are in Cypress, up in the NW quadrant of the Houstoniverse...

Well, we understand if you can't come hang out with us. We will see you a couple days later, after all. :)

As for game shops, it really depends on what you are looking for. Sadly, I don't think there is really a good one-stop shop anymore. 8th Dimension is probably your best bet in the NW area, though I've not been there personally. Everything else is gonna be a pretty good trip from that area, with no guarantee of better selection.

~v

two more minis to finish, then I can consider how i am going to pack all my stuff. I could pack super light, but I don't wanna wash my skivies in the hotel room sink, and I don't think I will have a balcony to dry things on, so I better pack normal light. Just means less room for hauling stuff back. Might be better on my wallet that way

• Like 1

two more minis to finish, then I can consider how i am going to pack all my stuff. I could pack super light, but I don't wanna wash my skivies in the hotel room sink, and I don't think I will have a balcony to dry things on, so I better pack normal light. Just means less room for hauling stuff back. Might be better on my wallet that way

:huh:

Please, make sure you pack enough skivies to make it through the Con.  I think I speak for everyone when i say that we'd appreciate it.  ::o:

• Like 5