Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

And just to create an extra excitement, my Reaper´s 12 Days of Christmas arrived yesterday.

No time to paint, but a huge THANKS to any Reaper crew for the experience. 

(don´t be fooled by my son´s angry face, he was OVERexcited to get his Sophie)

:;): Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :;): 

10153017_442435345902023_278188927302290

Edited by naponatom
  • Like 3

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

two more minis to finish, then I can consider how i am going to pack all my stuff. I could pack super light, but I don't wanna wash my skivies in the hotel room sink, and I don't think I will have a balcony to dry things on, so I better pack normal light. Just means less room for hauling stuff back. Might be better on my wallet that way

Disposable skivvies!   wear em once, and drop them in the trash so that you have more room for minis...  or just rinse them out in the sink, and use them to wrap your "other" mini in them for the return trip.

I sense a theme for next year!

I'd totally take the excuse to get a pith helmet. What? Admit it... You would too.

would anyone judge me if I told you I already have a pith helmet...

Expressing approval is still a judgement, so... yes. :;):

• Like 1

I am running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done. Aaiiieee!  Hope I don't forget anything.

I'm already entering this mode (well, except the woman part). I almost got excited last night but then I started trying to prepare again. I like to get as prepared as possible before a trip so I can not worry about stuff while I'm on it.

Making lists, trying to figure out what I'll need and what I can live without. My wet palette isn't a very portable kind, so I'm going to rough it! I think the toughest part might be not having my regular lamp along and using the little portable jobby. It's like being on safari. I should wear short pants, helmet and monacle.

I sense a theme for next year!

I'd totally take the excuse to get a pith helmet. What? Admit it... You would too.

Every few days I try to think of a reason to give my wife regarding why we need pith helmets.

two more minis to finish, then I can consider how i am going to pack all my stuff. I could pack super light, but I don't wanna wash my skivies in the hotel room sink, and I don't think I will have a balcony to dry things on, so I better pack normal light. Just means less room for hauling stuff back. Might be better on my wallet that way

I'm driving a pickup truck, I'm not sure I'll have enough space for everything I'd like to bring back.

• Like 4

I am running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done. Aaiiieee!  Hope I don't forget anything.

I'm already entering this mode (well, except the woman part). I almost got excited last night but then I started trying to prepare again. I like to get as prepared as possible before a trip so I can not worry about stuff while I'm on it.

Making lists, trying to figure out what I'll need and what I can live without. My wet palette isn't a very portable kind, so I'm going to rough it! I think the toughest part might be not having my regular lamp along and using the little portable jobby. It's like being on safari. I should wear short pants, helmet and monacle.

I'm the opposite as I travel so much lately that my plane leaves around 11am Wednesday and I'll start packing around 7am-7:30am--though since that's so early (and I hate waking up) I'll be packing at like 1am.  Outside of my painting stuff it will take me 10 minutes to get packed up.

Waiting to board the first plane on my trek to TX. Sooooo boring. I am very much regretting lending my tablet to my yougest daughter whonwas going on a three hour trip. It means I cannot use it on my 16+ hour trip

How can anyboy sleeps knowing the Reapercon starts in one week??

Because I know that ReaperCon starts in a week and I need to get all the sleep I can now! (Plus, I'm just very good at sleeping. It's one of my skills.)

I can sleep because I have given up on my old mantra of "Did you come to game or come to sleep". While I love ReaperCon and I am excited about coming again I have been to so many conventions over the years that getting ready is almost more muscle memory than anything else. I tend to be more involved with behind the scenes stuff and tend to not get the chance to talk to people as much as I would like. At least not until I get to take center stage at the auction and then I'm more talking at you than talking with you, and hopefully amusing folks and making sure people have a good time and some of you walk away with cool stuff (for free I might add). So I actually sleep pretty well at the convention, but I miss late night gaming and socializing because I will have to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning to make sure my stuff is ready for that day.

• Like 3

How can anyboy sleeps knowing the Reapercon starts in one week??

Because I know that ReaperCon starts in a week and I need to get all the sleep I can now! (Plus, I'm just very good at sleeping. It's one of my skills.)

I can sleep because I have given up on my old mantra of "Did you come to game or come to sleep". While I love ReaperCon and I am excited about coming again I have been to so many conventions over the years that getting ready is almost more muscle memory than anything else. I tend to be more involved with behind the scenes stuff and tend to not get the chance to talk to people as much as I would like. At least not until I get to take center stage at the auction and then I'm more talking at you than talking with you, and hopefully amusing folks and making sure people have a good time and some of you walk away with cool stuff (for free I might add). So I actually sleep pretty well at the convention, but I miss late night gaming and socializing because I will have to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning to make sure my stuff is ready for that day.

If you are already up at 4am then it's not that big a deal anyways lol.