Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

How can anyboy sleeps knowing the Reapercon starts in one week??

Because I know that ReaperCon starts in a week and I need to get all the sleep I can now! (Plus, I'm just very good at sleeping. It's one of my skills.)

My wife is proficient in sleeping as well...

• Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyboy sleeps knowing the Reapercon starts in one week??

Because I know that ReaperCon starts in a week and I need to get all the sleep I can now! (Plus, I'm just very good at sleeping. It's one of my skills.)

I can sleep because I have given up on my old mantra of "Did you come to game or come to sleep". While I love ReaperCon and I am excited about coming again I have been to so many conventions over the years that getting ready is almost more muscle memory than anything else. I tend to be more involved with behind the scenes stuff and tend to not get the chance to talk to people as much as I would like. At least not until I get to take center stage at the auction and then I'm more talking at you than talking with you, and hopefully amusing folks and making sure people have a good time and some of you walk away with cool stuff (for free I might add). So I actually sleep pretty well at the convention, but I miss late night gaming and socializing because I will have to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning to make sure my stuff is ready for that day.

If you are already up at 4am then it's not that big a deal anyways lol.

I regularly pass my will save to stay up till 4am. I have enough offshore calls that I'm awake at odd hours anyway. Besides your day, and evening, of revelry can be directly affected by how grumpy I am that day, if you happen to wander into my domain.

Waiting to board the first plane on my trek to TX. Sooooo boring. I am very much regretting lending my tablet to my yougest daughter whonwas going on a three hour trip. It means I cannot use it on my 16+ hour trip

The sacrifices we make as parents. Safe trip, Kim!

After placating the Deity of Chips and Salsa (aka vejlin) with TexMex for dinner, Kim is resting comfortably at our house.

I think we are about to burst with excitement, as we are only 2 sleeps away from cutebutpsycho & her husband from joining us as well. ::D:

~v

• Like 6

my brother will be down for Easter this weekend, and plans will be finalized. Contest minis will be finished, and then I shall have to try and sleep for a full day so I have enough energy to handle the journey on wednesday. On the road by 4:00 a.m. to catch my flight

my brother will be down for Easter this weekend, and plans will be finalized. Contest minis will be finished, and then I shall have to try and sleep for a full day so I have enough energy to handle the journey on wednesday. On the road by 4:00 a.m. to catch my flight

Does he too fear rabbits with "big pointy teeth"?!!!!

• Like 1

Stupid body. After being awake for 25 hours (I suck at sleeping on planes), it has decided that 6 hours of sleep is enough. Up at 4 a.m. and unable to fall asleep again. Will I be judged if I eat salsa?

You'll only be judged if you don't share :poke:

Does he too fear rabbits with "big pointy teeth"?!!!!

no no, he's quite brave, and answers to Robin

Hah! I never knew Houston was so hopping pre-Rcon!

I grew up there, through middle- and high-school, at least. And then I moved away, and then I discovered Reaper. Bad timing, that.

Vince, CBP, and all the other Houstonians, I would love to hang out a bit, but I only see my parents once or twice a year; both they and I would be disappointed if I abandoned them to hang out with people I'll get to hang out with at the con. Maybe once I get another week of vacation at work I can plan to be in TX a little longer!

Meanwhile, since I wasn't much of a gamer or hobbyist when I lived there, where are the good game stores and hobby shops in Houston? My folks are in Cypress, up in the NW quadrant of the Houstoniverse...

Yep! Houston's where it's at. If you have time to stop at Asgard Games, it's inside The Loop, though it's a bit of a drive from Cypress. It's on Shepherd off 59 and the owner Will is a great guy. They relocated somewhat-recently and they have a great new space! I go there whenever I need some new primer, an extra pair of dice, or just want to browse the Wall-o-Minis. I'll also be driving up from Houston Wednesday night-- I'll honk & wave. Safe travels!