Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent $2300 on my car.  Quit complaining.

Dropped one off at the shop this morning. I'll find out the damages on Monday. 

As for what I spent last week... you don't want to know. :)

Looks like we are packed and ready to roll. Just taking care of house stuff, watering plants and cats, setting up timers and feeders....

just found another $100 fee. Stupid checked baggage charges. You guys better make it worth the money I'm spending to come hang with ya

I have (had?) to travel for 5 weeks to get to Reapercon.

Seattle to Miami to Freeport to Fort Lauderdale to Ponta Delgada to Lisbon to Madrid to Miami to

Freeport to Fort Lauderdale and then finally on to Dallas late on the 24th.

just found another $100 fee. Stupid checked baggage charges. You guys better make it worth the money I'm spending to come hang with ya

I have (had?) been paid to travel for 5 weeks to get to Reapercon.

Seattle to Miami to Freeport to Fort Lauderdale to Ponta Delgada to Lisbon to Madrid to Miami to

Freeport to Fort Lauderdale and then finally on to Dallas late on the 24th.

FTFY

Only Reapercon makes me miss living in Houston...all kinds of fun to be had, it seems!

Mocha mentioned Asgard Games, I have been there. It was a hike from Cypress, but seemed a good place. There was a Warmahordes event that day, though, so the guy behind the counter was a bit distracted...

I'm gonna try to hit 8th Dimension while I'm there this week.

Tomorrow I'll be in Oklahoma City...there any OK folk watching this thread?

Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, unless you are into Warmahordes, CCG's, or want P3 paint, that is about all Asgard is good for, at least from the perspective of a walk-in customer. Sure, they've got some nice table space to play, and Will will order pretty much anything you want, but beyond the things mentioned above, their selection is pretty woeful.

Nan's and Third Planet have much better selections when it comes to a broader range of items, and Nan's is probably the best of the three for Reaper stock. Neither Nan's nor Third Planet have anything in the way of playing space, however.

There are also a number of GW stores around the city, FWIW.

~v

So...I've cleaned, done laundry, folded laundry, made appointments to visit family for birthdays and such tomorrow....

/stares at things that still need touch ups or bases. 

You may not know it but inside I'm screaming from excitement and panic. I also need to scrub down some metal trade ins, put them in a bag so I don't lose all three (woo hoo right?) Still need to print out the itinerary, I've had this maddening urge to just write for hours on end because I haven't since november, Dads coming to visit, have to try on shoes to see what will be comfortable to walk in for the con, figure out how to package the miniatures so they  arrive alright, paint brushes, touch up paint, fiddling with my hair, dice....I want new dice (Seriously I want/need new dice), I need to finish my exchange present....wherever i put him in this giant pile of miniatures, have to clean the office, work space again. 

O_O The stressful part is I'll be busy most of Monday/Tuesday. I may have to finish my touch ups at the hotel Wednesday night or Thursday morning. 

Mr. Melons, Halp!!!!! 

..Did I mention I'm excited? ^_^ 

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2

I finished painting the minis I'm using for the game I'm running.  Just need to give them basic bases.

lol my husband looks at me today and says "I know which miniature you can use for our Dnd Next nights" I ask him which one and he points Alistrilee, the elf ranger I have (I broke off the top part of her bow by accident).

I frowned and explained that she isn't a half orc and though my dnd next character is in fact human, I have been using Rozmina. I have Imrijka but she isn't finished. (I just don't have the inspiration at the moment to give her a soul yet) My characters back story is that she's having an identity crisis and wishes she was a half orc so she's painted her skin and juts out her jaw a little. Thinking on it, I could probably paint her orc-like. If he can paint a human barbarian to look like an orc, why cant I? :p She was my first metal miniature after all.