Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

I finished painting the minis I'm using for the game I'm running.  Just need to give them basic bases.

lol my husband looks at me today and says "I know which miniature you can use for our Dnd Next nights" I ask him which one and he points Alistrilee, the elf ranger I have (I broke off the top part of her bow by accident).

I frowned and explained that she isn't a half orc and though my dnd next character is in fact human, I have been using Rozmina. I have Imrijka but she isn't finished. (I just don't have the inspiration at the moment to give her a soul yet) My characters back story is that she's having an identity crisis and wishes she was a half orc so she's painted her skin and juts out her jaw a little. Thinking on it, I could probably paint her orc-like. If he can paint a human barbarian to look like an orc, why cant I? :p She was my first metal miniature after all. 

Why?....

because-im-batman_o_698729.jpg

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 3

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nan's and Third Planet have much better selections when it comes to a broader range of items, and Nan's is probably the best of the three for Reaper stock. Neither Nan's nor Third Planet have anything in the way of playing space, however.

There are also a number of GW stores around the city, FWIW.

~v

GW stores? C'mon, I asked for game shops, not hard-sell training grounds... :P

Actually, the GW ship near Willowbrook is where I bought my first minis when I thought about getting into the hobby. The guy there tried to demo the game to me, and when I said I just wanted to paint models he looked at me like I was an alien. He then sold me a big multipart kit and the necessary paints for it, which was far beyond my abilities as a noob. It wasn't the best shopping experience.

But, setting that aside...I'll have to check out the other shops you mention. My dad wants to go to the camera shop today, so while we're out and about, if that takes us remotely near one of these other shops, we'll make a stop in. Houston by daylight, Woohoo!

And then I'll sit at the kitchen table trying to finish competition entries...

Packed! My Rcon trip starts a day early thanks to Ontario OR is 60 miles west of Boise (the airport). I just stay overnight & leave early on Weds morning.

I guess I've got a couple things left like power cords & misc stuff. (Reminds me need to leave a giant note by my stereo about power cords....)

Looking forward to the next week! (Officially on vacation @ 8 am on Sunday & I don't return to work till Weds @ midnight!

• Like 3

When I get back I need to put display shelf higher on my to-do list. Just laying out the minis I'm bringing got me wicked excited. Now to magnetize the ones that won't travel well in foam. Also, I should've bought some smaller magnets for the thinner bases. And why didn't I mount the Twilight Knight ("He who shan't be handled") on a block?

I've thought about how to pack the orc for my entry. I'm thinking he'll be fine with a small makeshift transport box I've used before (just a small box with lost of soft foam) and parts of my base aren't glued so I think the main stuff will transport will. Since he's resin, with a few small pins, I think I'll be fine going through security. The question is do I bring anything else? Haven't really painted a show off figure in a year (outside of what I'm working on now) so I really don't want to bother.

One week from right now I'll be crossing the MN/Iowa border! Whooo!

I just finished the lion's share of my presentation for my Sculpting class last night and it really got me excited.  Just the thought of an entire week off of work and doing nothing but indulging in all things miniature has me floating already.

So if you just can't stand it any more, let off the pre-con steam here!!!!!

Today's the day you're crossing the MN/Iowa border. Safe travels-- heres' to hoping the weather's in your favor!

I have to work today.  :rolleyes:

50% of my fam arrived Thursday, 25% on Saturday and the remaining 25% arrives this Sunday.  We are working RCon.

Today, I'm finishing up packing paints for the classrooms, artists and Paint-n-Take, staging materials for my events, and herding ducks (aka keeping people on task).  And anything else that needs doing I'll get tasked with as well.  :B):

I suspect there is a round of retail therapy occurring late morning, and a visit to the airport happens in the afternoon.

• Like 3