Countdown Thread of Uncontrollable Excitement!

TaleSpinner

Today is a paint day...I'm helping to paint a bathroom in my parents' house, and then I have to finish up.a contest entry. Yesterday we went to Texas Art Supply, so now I own a color shaper for pushing putty and a new WNS7 min#2, and some awesome little plants, and a few jars of basing litter that were on sale; then we went to Houston Camera Exchange because my dad needed a new tripod; then we went to Nan's Games (thanks Vince) and I didn't spend nearly as much as I could have...I still have money to spend at the con!

Nan's is pretty cool...some great old minis there, mostly with late 90's or early 00's price tags. Good stuff.

Tomorrow we drive to Dallas! Woooohooooo!

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get work done today.   ::P:

And, I've got to work for a few hours tomorrow.   ::P:

But, I get to leave for Dallas after a meeting (or 10 AM, whichever comes first).  I'm toying with the idea of hitting my favorite restaurant in Denton before heading to the Meet and Greet.   :devil:

Ron

Edited by vutpakdi

I'm trying to get work done today.   ::P:

And, I've got to work for a few hours tomorrow.   ::P:

But, I get to leave for Dallas after a meeting (or 10 AM, whichever comes first).  I'm toying with the idea of hitting my favorite restaurant in Denton before heading to the Meet and Greet.   :devil:

Ron

What restaurant?

Bah...I am working at the jobsite today, just south of Lexington KY.  Should be leaving by 4 pm for the 6 hour ride home to unpack the rental car, return it, unpack MY car, repack it, get in bed hopefully at a reasonable hour, and wake up to start the drive to Denton in the morning.  Not a good way to start a con, tired and grumpy  :down:

• Like 1

The pre-con week has been a little weird for me this year. With having both vejlin and cutebutpsycho in town, we've been really involved with other stuff, and it has almost kept the con completely out of mind for the last 5 days. It's also largely kept me off the forums during that span as well, as we've been so busy doing other stuff together. The only reason I'm catching up on things right now is because I'm at work for the day.

This has also had the result of making the fact that tomorrow is the day we head up to Reaper almost a "hey! surprise! it's con time!" kind of moment.

Hopefully, I'll remember to pack everything tonight. :;):

@Adam: You're welcome. I've found some cool treasures hiding in their old stock from time to time. Glad you got out of there with spending money for RCon intact. :lol:

~v

• Like 2

ROAD TRIP!

Currently on my way to Texas. I'll probably hit San Angelo around ten or eleven at night. I'm currently stopped at a tourist trap called The Thing. I've seen billboards as long as I've been at Tucson, so it's good to finally see it.

We need pictures! All I'm envisioning is the orange guy from The Fantastic Four... and I know that's not it.

At the overnight hotel in Boise. Just passing the time watching a bit of TV & working on leveling up a couple goblin pre gens.

Flight leaves at 630 tomorrow morning but I'll be up at 330 or so.

Safe travels everyone!!

• Like 2

Painting Break! Start the 15 min countdown. I WILL submit something for my first RCon. And yes, this past week has been rough. I've thought, "Oh man, work & in-laws visiting totally got in the way of my painting..." Priorities people, priorities-- and #1 is ReaperCon. Teehee! 

• Like 2