Tips on taking a good picture?

Flamehawke

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Doug, do you have a pic of your picture taking set-up for miniatures? I'm more of a visual person and would love to see how exactly you do things since you are our resident expert.

I think I do. I'll check when I get home from my son's violin lesson.

Excellent, thank you!

I must say, that my photos are a lot less kind to my painting than my eyes are.  I have just photographed some of my finished figures and there are flaws all over the place, which my eyes just gloss over.  Most humbling.

• Like 2

I must say, that my photos are a lot less kind to my painting than my eyes are.  I have just photographed some of my finished figures and there are flaws all over the place, which my eyes just gloss over.  Most humbling.

Oh, it's not just you. If it looks good in an unretouched photo at a nice large size, it's bloody brilliant.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for someone to develop a tripod for my Galaxy s5. The last several WIPs I posted were taken with it and they work well enough for me :)

I recently bought one of these. Allows most cell phones (even my Note) to be connected to any standard tripod.

So there you go.

^_^

Sweet! Thank you so much! I'll get this on order...

• Like 1

Hey Doug, do you have a pic of your picture taking set-up for miniatures? I'm more of a visual person and would love to see how exactly you do things since you are our resident expert.

Excellent, thank you!

No luck finding photos last night, so I took a few shots of the easiest way to shoot minis with examples. I'm currently planning to start a minis photo thread tonight, but we'll see how organized I am.  :blink:

• Like 3

Excellent, thank you!

No luck finding photos last night, so I took a few shots of the easiest way to shoot minis with examples. I'm currently planning to start a minis photo thread tonight, but we'll see how organized I am.  :blink:

I think that'd be absolutely wonderful of you to do for everyone. Something like that seems to be asked/discussed daily and it'd be extremely helpful for a good reference for new (and old) members who'd like to take pictures correctly. it

• Like 1