Sign in to follow this  
DonTheDime

Large Earth Elemental, 77185, and Spirit of the Forest, 77184

Very nice! Love all the little details. These look like they'd be a blast to paint! Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Share more! Share more!

These are awesome! I love all the detail you put into the earth elemental; usually he's just done up as boring rock of one sort, but you've done him up with all sorts of pretty rocks. I love it so much I'm gonna steal it! :lol:

• Like 2

Dat earth elemental. I love the one big slab of green stone, and the mix overall is fantastic. The gold is clever, too - I never even thought of using metallics on him, but it's absolutely perfect.

• Like 2

Dat earth elemental. I love the one big slab of green stone, and the mix overall is fantastic. The gold is clever, too - I never even thought of using metallics on him, but it's absolutely perfect.

I actually made it a goal to incorporate every metallic and stone-like color I had, and make use of the distinct groups of textures to advantage.  Here is where just a light wash of metallic over certain stones had a great effect of simulating metallic flecks in the rocks.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

• Like 5

I actually made it a goal to incorporate every metallic and stone-like color I had, and make use of the distinct groups of textures to advantage.  Here is where just a light wash of metallic over certain stones had a great effect of simulating metallic flecks in the rocks.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

It never occurred to me to use metallic paints as a wash for stone. Brilliant idea and brilliantly executed! Inspirational.

• Like 1

I'm really loving what you did with those elementals!  (The realistic subdued rock effects, the hint of metallic, all the stuff everyone else said was exactly what I was thinking.  The fact that you've painted up so many bones is also inspiring.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I didn't even realize that the Earth Elemental had a fossil on it!  I picked the one sitting on my desk up thinking you might have free handed it, and sure enough, there it was lol. Great work. :)

• Like 1