• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like to see what interesting little details you put into your pieces Catdancer, like the worn path leading to the pool.

Obviously a popular place for adventurers and others.

I'm curious though if there is a backstory regarding the origins of the waterfall, as that flat rock above where the falls begins hints at the possibility of a manmade(or other) structure. ::):

• Like 1

Thanks to all the members above for your very nice comments and feedback. I enjoy it, when you like the things/pieces that I post!

Darsc...you will never play in any of my games...you either have gotten to know me too well and figure that I have a diabolical mind and a method to my madness or you are one of the most astute persons I have had the pleasure of making friends with...walk through the waterfall and see where it leads!

Paul

• Like 2

Thanks to all the members above for your very nice comments and feedback. I enjoy it, when you like the things/pieces that I post!

Darsc...you will never play in any of my games...you either have gotten to know me too well and figure that I have a diabolical mind and a method to my madness or you are one of the most astute persons I have had the pleasure of making friends with...walk through the waterfall and see where it leads!

Paul

Well, I'm sorry to hear I won't be getting an invite, but thanks for the compliment Catdancer. ::):

I believe that, like you Paul, I was the DM/GM of a group of very clever and challenging players for many years.

I suspect that any diabolical and astuteness development has been the result of a need for us to survive as game masters. :;):

And I'd refrain from exploring that waterfall on my own... At least until the rest of the party showed up.

• Like 3

Darsc...Well played my friend!...But if the group is not as astute as you; it has been 3 long days on the road and the fair damsel is tired, dirty, smelly and really wants to feel and smell clean...she heads for the waterfall pond for a quick bath...with her clothes & weapon(s) in a pile at the pond edge...our damsel relaxes and enjoys the cool waters...something comes out of the waterfall and grabs her...muffling her sounds...vanishes back into the waterfall with her as his prize!...How long, before she is missed? Where will the group look for her? All her clothing & weapons are there...but where is she?...Now do you go into the waterfall?

Paul

• Like 3

I'm impressed at how realistic the "water spray" at the bottom of the waterfall looks in the photos.

I'm also wondering how you actually created the waterfall itself - is it green stuff under there?

Hi Matrissa...The waterfall itself was made out of a clear piece of hard plastic stock (a broken baseball card holder)...measured to size...cut...the top heated so that it could be bent...and grooved with a hot knife...painted with acrylic sky blue paint and stained with (3 shades of artist inks)...dry brushed with acrylic cool white. The foam & mist at the base was created by individual foam core balls glued into place to create the look...washed with layers of white glue and finally painted with acrylic cool white...the mist is created by the addition of "hot stuff" and pulling the melted foam upwards for the desired results. 

• Like 3

Hmm. First we'd need to determine if something dragged her away from the pool or into it.

I'd send any ranger or thief types to search around the pool for any tracks leading away from the pool, or any signs of wet ground around the pool where something or someone might have exited the pool.

At the same time I'd have a spellcaster cast light on a stone and have someone with good dexterity toss it towards the center of the pool to see how deep it is and if the bottom is littered with the skeletal remains, armour, weapons, of any previous bathers. Cause that would be a bad thing.

Assuming no signs are found leading away from the pool, and no monster is spotted at the bottom, standard operating procedure is for the thief to check out the waterfall, with at least one fighter without heavy armour prepared to follow in as needed, as backup. The rest of the party would be waiting outside of the pool until they get word of what is found, ready to assist, follow, or rescue as required.

You've got to let us know what your party ends up doing and what happens to them Catdancer. ::):

• Like 4

standard operating procedure is for the thief to check out the waterfall,

With a rope tied to them, so that even if they don't need to have their mangled corpse hauled out of there post haste by the fighter, they can signal what they see by tugging on the rope using the party's prearranged signals... ::D:

• Like 5

I'm impressed at how realistic the "water spray" at the bottom of the waterfall looks in the photos.

I'm also wondering how you actually created the waterfall itself - is it green stuff under there?

Hi Matrissa...The waterfall itself was made out of a clear piece of hard plastic stock (a broken baseball card holder)...measured to size...cut...the top heated so that it could be bent...and grooved with a hot knife...painted with acrylic sky blue paint and stained with (3 shades of artist inks)...dry brushed with acrylic cool white. The foam & mist at the base was created by individual foam core balls glued into place to create the look...washed with layers of white glue and finally painted with acrylic cool white...the mist is created by the addition of "hot stuff" and pulling the melted foam upwards for the desired results. 

Could you possibly share an extreme close up of the waterfall? I think I understand but if I could just get a closer look I'm sure I could get a better sense of the individual bits (especially the foam and mist).

• Like 2