Em4 Dwarves.

Dibbler

I got some plastic bases from em4, for my Happy Seppuku bases. They had some sirt cheap dwarves, so I threw in a bunch. Turned out to be great fun to paint! Detail is sort of soft, but that just makes speed-painting feel better. The dwarfs are not really dynamically posed, but that feels right for me. They are dwarfs, right?

post-9309-0-13076600-1397989473_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-59652800-1397989476_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-70967000-1397989481_thumb.jpg

Fighting a dragon, with their cousing Mad Angus.

post-9309-0-71286100-1397989486_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-02424500-1397989492_thumb.jpgpost-9309-0-27510400-1397989497_thumb.jpg

I should have gotten more shots of the crossbowers. Oh well.  :upside:

What do you think?  :upside:

• Like 16

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Old Plastic Dwarfs painted up BEAUTIFULLY...much better than my memory would have them appear. Your brushwork, bases, & palette are TERRIFIC. VERY WELL DONE!

When you get around to the shields, a bit of variation will give the Vertically Challenged Ones a touch of individuality.

• Like 1

I may have to pick up a battalion of these guys...they make really nice men-at-arms for a dwarven city. How was shipping from EM4?

These are solid paint jobs, too. A good group for some PCs to interact with!

Edited by Sanael
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words  :blush: 

I may have to pick up a battalion of these guys...they make really nice men-at-arms for a dwarven city. How was shipping from EM4?

These are solid paint jobs, too. A good group for some PCs to interact with!

I can't remember the shipping, so I guess good? ;) 

Thankies!

I like those dwarfs.  Might look at getting some myself.  Got a big campaign going right now with lots and lots of dwarfs.

For people getting them:

They are dirt cheap, have a blemish on the back that needs some GS work. Get their pack of shields (I should have!). Bases need some work (I have pics in my WIP). 

They are not bad shields, just that most the detail is on the back and on the dwarves, little of that detail will even show. But 50 for 

£ 1.02 isn't bad, even if 1/3 LOOK like they were cast from flat tacks

Plastic%20Shields.jpg

Plus EM4 has some other really cool figs and stuff. Because I'm still looking for anywhere else to get these round edge cavalry bases other than custom cut MDF (I know litko does plastic, but they want WAAAY too much for 'pill' bases). 

50x20mmcounterweb.jpg

Counters, 50mm x 25mm x 3mm - bag of 10

Price (incl VAT): £1.02

Edited by scorpio616

Very nice! I have a few of these plus a bunch of their orcs. They are a great deal for the $.

I may have to get some more of these for a Middle Earth dwarven army.

PS- Here is a great article online about modding the EM4 orcs: http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/em4/orcsy.htm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By ced1106
      "This is a board game version of the classic skirmish game and aims to give the same feeling as the original, while making it more accessible and “ready to pick and play”. Choose your agenda between the Protectors and the Destroyers, lead your units into the city and hunt down your opponent, wreaking havoc in all that stand in your way!"

MonPoc's been through two versions. First, a prepainted collectile mini's game, then a metal one. This unpainted plastic KS is compatible with the second version. The pitch is that it's less expensive than the metal version (and there's no blind purchasing), but it's still gonna be expensive, especially if you go all-in. You play with only two monsters per game, so, imo, the core set and SG's should keep most casual players satisfied. Although the game has multiple factions, you can play the "good" ones together, and the "bad" ones together. Core game is for two players (1v1, solo, coop). Battle Royale is for 3-4 players, and adds Apex monsters as enemies for coop, or bigger monsters for regular play. With this being day three, one dual-faction add-on has been revealed.

Game rules are based on the existing Privateer Press Monster Apocalypse v.2 rules. KS is run by Mythic Games. (Better than the reverse, imo!) I assume plastics are made in China, which has had some economic instability, energy shortages, supply chain issues, and shipping issues. The game won't be delivered for at least a year, so obviously today's shipping issues may not affect delivery. But, speaking of shipping, the core box *is* large, and shipping starts at $35. I'd expect to pay more.

Other kaiju boardgames exist, including an officially licensed Godzilla one. Mythic has not said if this game will be available retail. I wouldn't be surprised if the discounts expected by distributors make this and other high-end KS games difficult for retail. Also, the high MSRP may keep FLGS customers from picking up the game (much easier to sell $150 of Magic cards than a $150 boardgame, imo).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/monsterpocalypse-board-game/posts

Three days into the campaign, and they've unlocked about half as many monsters as in the core box!

• By KevvyR
      Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple images of my first Reaper mini painted up. It definitely seemed strange not priming something before getting started (typically print my own lately in resin, so have to prime those), but I wanted to try one of the Reaper products.

I am by no means a pro, but each mini seems to get a bit better - constructive criticism welcome - I know I need to get a better photo setup sometime - maybe when the basement reno is done 🙂

Next up is Boerogg Blackrime the Frost Giant...I love doing monsters so they're on-hand when needed for our D&D campaigns 🙂

20211031_141414.mp4
    • By R2ED
      Last day for October, but still got one in. 

Battle Report!

I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there.  I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out.  I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. 
      Mistake #1.  I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash.  It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched.  Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well.  Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
      Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect.  Didn't work.  The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss.  The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. 
      Mistake #3.  I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point.  KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. 
      Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope.  I did the hair, and that made me feel way better.  The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it.  Now we're getting somewhere. 
      Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas.  He came out looking decent.  Last model for October and I'm happy with him.

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him: