Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Exodite Eldar

@Monkey Sloth- 

I've still got the old 2nd ed codex where they had rules for these guys.  Citadel never made minis for them, though, and when they updated the edition, the exodites disappeared.

Too cool for words.

I loved the Dinoriders toyline.

Thanks.

I loved that old toyline too.  I remember that I never got to see the cartoon that went with it.

I loved that old toyline too.  I remember that I never got to see the cartoon that went with it.

I only saw the vhs tape.

You'll likely find the vids on youtube until Mattel serves a Takedown notice. 

I wont be able to touch my brushes for days now.  (They look at me with pity having seen this) 

Don't think like that, Odin's a professional with MANY hours and years of experience, the only way you will ever get better is to pick up those brushes and practice.

• Like 1

I only saw the vhs tape.

You'll likely find the vids on youtube until Mattel serves a Takedown notice. 

I have learned that it is best to leave television and films from the 80s in the fond places my memory has placed them.

I wont be able to touch my brushes for days now.  (They look at me with pity having seen this) 

Don't think like that, Odin's a professional with MANY hours and years of experience, the only way you will ever get better is to pick up those brushes and practice.

This is the truth.  Honestly, I often love to go to Gencon and compete against some of my favorite painters.  I haven't won overall yet- it's a pretty crazy tough competition.

The real trick to getting better is two fold.  I try and learn new techniques and really push myself sometimes.  At other times, I use what you've learned to increase the standard of my more relaxing projects.  When I've upped my auto standards, I try to push my top painting again.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Bride of Nurgle, the leader of the Nurgle warband in the game Warhammer:- Underworlds by Games Workshop.

I don't usually post my Underworlds stuff here, but I felt this one deserved it.
      Annoyingly, I did a really good job painting her face but you can't see most of it once her fringe is attached.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Maledrakh
      Where several of the other Lost Valley dino-beasts have extra fantasy elements to them, such as extra horns. spiney ridges, a third digit on the vestigial front limbs and such, this one is just about picture perfectly based on a real dinosaur: The Carnotaurus.

The Carnotaurus lived at some point during the Late Cretaceous period, that lasted from about 100 million to 66 million years ago. There have been found several fossils with bones and skin impressions that show scales, ridges and bumps in the hide. No sign of feathers though.
      The fossils are all found in South America, which was part of the supercontinent southern Gondwanaland when these critters existed.
      This is the only raptor-like predatory dino we know of that had horns on the skull, looking like very sharp eyebrows more than anything else really.

This model was originally released in metal some years ago, which might explain the difference in design philosophy ("real dinosaur" vs "fantasy dinosaur"). Now it also exists in Bones Black in the Lost Valley.

This mini was finished August 18th 2020.

44080 Carnotaurus
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Dennis Mize
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      65x35mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Ogre Tyrant by Games Workshop, he is very heavily armed.

This one took a while, it's very much one of those minis where the more you work on it, the more details you find.
      I am very pleased with how he turned out though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By lazarp
      This is my version of a Games workshop Aragorn. I didn't want to paint him as Aragorn since I have two of these same minis so I decide to go for a purple skinned, white haired drow ranger.  I'm going to use him as a swordsman named Vigo in my Rangers of Shadowdeep games.
      This mini was a blast to paint, I like how the highlights turned out. Thanks for looking!

Unpainted mini:

• By MusicalFeline
      Here you go, folks, my second of the four Warhammer warbands I've got (Here's the first). When I first started painting these, I was a bit worried about them looking just like a blob of gold, but I must say, I'm quite pleased with how the colors look. And that bird... That bird is my favorite. I tried speckling its breast and around its neck, but it just looks blotchy. Oh well. 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)