my first mini

pheonixwizzy

hi people i been painitng for a few months now but thought i would post a few pics on here and see what people think.

this is my first ever mini was actually impressed with myslef on this with it being my first.

well apart from the face any way 

post-13284-0-60802000-1398367996_thumb.jpg

post-13284-0-26700500-1398368343_thumb.jpg

Edited by pheonixwizzy
  • Like 15

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very impressed, great job!

I like that you based him and put some interest in that and I see shading in the beard and the rivets on his armor is great. As for flames, my only critique is that you have them opposite. The lighter colors of the flames are hotter and should be closer to the source of the fuel and they get darker the further away they get. 

Check this tutorial out on flames.

Just keep practicing and posting!

• Like 1

That's a really good giant skeleton, you did improve quite a bit over 3 months!

As far as the pics go, you may have to edit them in paint/photoshop to rotate 90 degrees prior to posting them up especially if you took the pics with a cell phone.

Hey, right on!! You started a bit before I did. I painted my first on April 18th, and working on my second now. Your skeleton looks REALLY awesome! I love it! It's inspired me to try one sometime in the foreseeable future. (Greeeaaaat... Yet another that I need to buy! LOL)

As for your pics, if you'll send me either the images or the direct link to them, I'll fix them for you and put them in a directory you can link to them from from or just download them.

BTW.. That goes for anyone who's having photo editing problems or needs a place to host the pics without any BS.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work! ::D: 

• Like 2

Hey, right on!! You started a bit before I did. I painted my first on April 18th, and working on my second now. Your skeleton looks REALLY awesome! I love it! It's inspired me to try one sometime in the foreseeable future. (Greeeaaaat... Yet another that I need to buy! LOL)

As for your pics, if you'll send me either the images or the direct link to them, I'll fix them for you and put them in a directory you can link to them from from or just download them.

BTW.. That goes for anyone who's having photo editing problems or needs a place to host the pics without any BS.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work! ::D: 

here you go

this one i like myself apart from flames being wrong again lol

post-13284-0-69926200-1399406234_thumb.jpgpost-13284-0-50802500-1399406335_thumb.jpg

painted these ones for a friend

post-13284-0-16056100-1399406193_thumb.jpgpost-13284-0-47559400-1399406301_thumb.jpg

post-13284-0-46540100-1399406029_thumb.jpg

this next one is for a game where our gm allowed me to be a monstrous humanoid :)

post-13284-0-93948100-1399406059_thumb.jpg

this one i just thought looked fun lol

post-13284-0-02647200-1399406057_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

also think some of them need a bit of a touch up as im getting better i want to scrubb em nd try again lol

For the most part, I'd say leave them as is. Learn from your mistakes, practice more, and just look back in a few years and see where you came from. They are a running history for you as a painter in this fun hobby.

• Like 3

Welcome to the Forum !

You have landed in the most creative, Miniature friendly place on the net, and in the world.

Have a look around, get ideas, inspiration, and show us what you can do.

We'll support your desire to get better, and make you laugh along the way !

We also show our own work, wrinkles, spills, mishaps, and "What the Heck did I do's" quite frequently.

Check out all the forums, and soon the names will have a personality, and the personality will be

associated with a beautiful miniature.

Pull up a chair and paint with us.

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 5