Con Goers Sound Off

Girot

Aww. I was hanging around her table Friday night, but I don't think we met. Will you be back Sunday?

Playing Construx with the daughter before I get ready and head that way for the auction.

I talked with one guy at the table briefly about his base looking like a cookie.

I am a tall lanky middle aged guy with glasses and bad posture. Not sure that helps much. :)

• Like 2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The auction is over and with it, the last official event is over for us "regular" folk (the artists are here until Wednesday).

It was great to see everyone again this year and I'm already gearing up for next year's space theme.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to play our western game. We really appreciated all the positive comments on our table and the interest in getting our resin river tiles. We will let people know when they are up on our website.

I especially want to thank all the Reaper peeps who made this convention so wonderful. Your friendliness, generosity and warmth makes this one of my favourite conventions to attend each year. You really know hot to treat people well.

• Like 8

Doc, I would say some people's avatars are misleading and some are not. Mocha's avatar fits her perfectly as it has the same expression she had the entire trip lol...

Hm. Yeah, now that you mention it, maybe she ALWAYS wanders around looking ecstatic all the time... not that it's a bad thing...

I was right behind her in the Thursday morning registration line. I can confirm that the zone of happiness following her around was active then. (And it is not a bad thing at all.) :B):

Cheers Mocha.

• Like 4

Doc, I would say some people's avatars are misleading and some are not. Mocha's avatar fits her perfectly as it has the same expression she had the entire trip lol...

Hm. Yeah, now that you mention it, maybe she ALWAYS wanders around looking ecstatic all the time... not that it's a bad thing...

I was right behind her in the Thursday morning registration line. I can confirm that the zone of happiness following her around was active then. (And it is not a bad thing at all.) :B):

Cheers Mocha.

Yeah, well, here's to that.  I actually caught her wearing a neutral expression on Sunday morning. For a few minutes. Then she cashed in her metal.

Hee, hee, hee....

• Like 3

Cheers Mocha.

Yeah, well, here's to that.  I actually caught her wearing a neutral expression on Sunday morning. For a few minutes. Then she cashed in her metal.

Hee, hee, hee....

Correct! I was in my rare serious-mode. I had just traded in my minis and was considering whether or not to miss the panel I had been looking forward to in order to shop at the Boneyard back at HQ-- serious business! Luckily Doc snapped me out of it; I decided will shop at the Boneyard sometime in the future.

Also, my face hurts from smiling so much-- I had a great time at my first ReaperCon! I met so many wonderful people and I'm already looking forward to next year! 

• Like 13

The Melon Clan has arrived safely at their boudoir. Thanks go out to the Reaper staff for their amazing service and all-around friendliness. Thanks to the folks who joined us at the Corporea/Bonwirn/Melons corner (you all know who you are). Thanks especially go out to Bonwirn and Corporea for allowing us to tag along on their caravan. You all are the best!

• Like 8

The Melon Clan has arrived safely at their boudoir. Thanks go out to the Reaper staff for their amazing service and all-around friendliness. Thanks to the folks who joined us at the Corporea/Bonwirn/Melons corner (you all know who you are). Thanks especially go out to Bonwirn and Corporea for allowing us to tag along on their caravan. You all are the best!

I'm glad I got to meet all of you. The caravan corner was a fun place to hang out pretty much all the time.

• Like 2

I heard a rumor that Reaper will let us know where they got the ribbons so con goers can make their own to hand out. Depending on the minimum order fur such things, there could be some serious ribbon tails next year.

• Like 6

Cheers Mocha.

Once the Burst 1 "Zone of Happiness" is activated, it can be shifted as a minor action equal to the move speed of the Con-Goer who created it. Gain an additional +2 to Charisma when zone is active.

• Like 5

I heard a rumor that Reaper will let us know where they got the ribbons so con goers can make their own to hand out. Depending on the minimum order fur such things, there could be some serious ribbon tails next year.

The science fiction conventions I attend routinely do this. Not only are there official ribbons, lots of guests make their own for special reasons or in-jokes.

Really dedicated collectors have had lengths of ribbon that reach the floor like striped satin scarves. Most of us just enjoy them as they turn up.

• Like 4

I totally failed (prior to con) to do anything about T-shirts. But on Sunday I found my way to Zazzle and ordered a pair of the military insignia shirts. (Skull Hill Rangers...is it?)

___

I really like that insignia. If next year's theme is space, I wonder if the insignia could be updated to 22nd century somehow? IDK, a chromed skull, maybe a laser targeting monocle gizmo for one eye...

Just like there will always be a 7th Cavalry regiment as long as there is a US Army --- there will always be a Skull Hill Rangers even in the far distant, space-suited future...?

• Like 4

The science fiction conventions I attend routinely do this. Not only are there official ribbons, lots of guests make their own for special reasons or in-jokes.

Really dedicated collectors have had lengths of ribbon that reach the floor like striped satin scarves. Most of us just enjoy them as they turn up.

I'm so totally in on this - would love to splurge on a couple versions of said ribbons.

Also, my inner completionist wants to look like the 4th Doctor at the end of a Con.

• Like 5