Con Goers Sound Off

Girot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of a ribbon for each contest you enter, they'll all be unique, a ribbon for the Giant's contest (still waiting on the OK from Inarah as it's her contest), one for entering something you painted in one of my contests (or the giant one or one I'm helping to facilitate) into the paint contest at reapercon and a few others that I'm debating.

• Like 4

one idea of mine: aliens vs space marine. i'll hand out probably 20 of each and if people come to corporeas corner with a space marine and they have an alien friend (or vise versa) then they get cake/pie. 

Might also decorate a big black mesh bag, have people blindly fish in it for painting stuff/bones/mixes/candy and whatever and get a ribbon that says "Deep Space Voyager"

@[email protected] I'm corny I know!

• Like 5

If people want, instead of ribbons, I'm sure we can make acrylic key chain fobs up. We just Need to purchase the acrylic sheets and I can print/ cut them for free. They would be like the fobs we handed out for our game this year. 50 of them would cost a heck of a lot less than $30 and you can get lots of different colours.

• Like 7

I'd probably have a limited number like 15 or 20 instead of 50! Sure there are a lot of people at Reaper Con but rare novelty is always nice. I already have plans for at least two types of ribbons.

I've already started a list in my phone of ribbons I need to make next year. ;)

Edited by kacey3
  • Like 1

The ribbons are a great idea, but I found them to fray far too easily. By the end all had frayed, save one and that's the one I got Saturday night. Also, I remember Bryan was so excited to mention he had hidden ribbons around and told us to go find them. He told us the name and all of us went "oh we have those" and "oh you mean this one?". His great big grin went away and he said "oh" and went to the next group.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 2