Mounties from Tiger Miniatures

Teskal

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The >>same company<< has the mounties also in winter clothes.

And I just saw this mini and his horse, I want it!

MP20.JPG

What scale are these 15mm. They look great btw.

No, they are 28mm.

Here is one of them with a bones mini I just painted:

8bad35pl.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 1

The >>same company<< has the mounties also in winter clothes.

And I just saw this mini and his horse, I want to get it!

MP20.JPG

What scale are these 15mm. They look great btw.

No, they are 28mm.

Here is one of them with a bones mini I just painted:

8bad35pl.jpg

The facial expressions of those two seem appropriate, somehow.

The Mounties look great.

Great set of minis, looks like a lot of fun to paint.

Is there a reason you went blue instead of black for the pants?

I think this is appropriate: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4krJJkkIs

The correct colour for the breeches is midnight blue.

I don't know why sometimes the pants are black. Is it something regional? Sometimes you can find pictures with a brighter blue than midnight blue.

At the beginning the NWMP had even buff or steel grey breeches.

With the highlighs my minis got a their pants brighter as I wanted. I think I will try to darken it a little bit.

I forgot also to paint the shoulder straps dark blue (even them are sometimes black, same with the collar). But they got the dark blue straps and collar 1904. I will use them most of the time as NWMP, so it is ok.

The early Mounties had black boots; it was later changed to brown. Same with the brown leather gloves I'm not sure on which date they were introduced.

These minis are sculpted as NWMP (the collar for example is missing). But some of the weapons could be to modern.

The Mounties from Pulp Figures are RCMP. They have the collar, Haversack on the side. I think the quality of these sculpts is even better. I will get them, too. But first I need some Pinkertons.

pyp5x470.jpg

These are part of the Sergeant Frank Preston Patrol at the Yukon at the 1890s. They should be normally NWMP, or not? :-)

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 2

I would recommend looking at uniform pictures in the RCMP Museum or the regulation manuals. The colour midnight blue is much like the blues and greens of CommonWealth military dress uniforms: so dark it looks like black. They did change to black at a later date, but of all the uniforms I have seen in museums I would tell you the pants were black (midnite blue) ;-)

The NWMP and RCMP have never had regional differences. From inception the organization has been centrally administered. Equipment shortfalls and supply issue have always been an issue, so if you look at black and white photos you can sometimes tell a few had different gloves (likely brown instead of black) and occasionally different boots.

It sounds like you have done some research already. An exhibit that was touring and may have pictures you haven't seen was fron the University of Alberta with several artifacts from Sir Sam Steele's personal collection. Many useful pictures for this project and a few silly stories.

I would recommend looking at uniform pictures in the RCMP Museum or the regulation manuals. The colour midnight blue is much like the blues and greens of CommonWealth military dress uniforms: so dark it looks like black. They did change to black at a later date, but of all the uniforms I have seen in museums I would tell you the pants were black (midnite blue) ;-)

The NWMP and RCMP have never had regional differences. From inception the organization has been centrally administered. Equipment shortfalls and supply issue have always been an issue, so if you look at black and white photos you can sometimes tell a few had different gloves (likely brown instead of black) and occasionally different boots.

It sounds like you have done some research already. An exhibit that was touring and may have pictures you haven't seen was fron the University of Alberta with several artifacts from Sir Sam Steele's personal collection. Many useful pictures for this project and a few silly stories.

Most research I did was using google and wiki. I tried to ignore pictures from movies. I tried to get even more information on the RCMP page, but sadly didn't find much. Most color pictures showed different kind of blues and black. And in early stages buff and steel grey. I didn't really believe in regional differences :-), but thought Equipment shortfalls and supply issues could be a reason, too.

Does anymone know if Osprey did made books about the mounted police.

Edit: Yes, they did. yeah!

I must get this book.

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 1