Alternatives to Testors Dullcote in the UK

Edsterdoom

I have been using Testors Dullcote on all the bones models I paint as a final varnish following the satin purity seal varnish I have.

I have tried looking for more varnish here in the UK and every online shop seems to be out of stock. What makes it worse it seems that our postal service has decided that posting and handling aerosol cans is more dangerous then anything so the cost of postage has go up for couriers.

Can anyone recommend an alternative Matt varnish or lacquer that is readily available in the UK?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you can get it over there, but I use Liquitex Matte Varnish. It's a brush-on type varnish. I get it for $15 for 237mL at the local hobby stores, but I imagine that most art stores would carry it (or something very like it).

I also don't live in the UK, but for general advice I've tried the Vallejo paint on matte.  It definitely dulls things down, but I haven't been in the game long enough to speak for its durability.  I've also tried the Krylon matte spray, but it seems more satin and its aerosol anyway so you'd probably have the same problem (if it's even available in the UK).