post-11942-0-74976900-1398639464.jpgpost-11942-0-58491000-1398639437.jpgpost-11942-0-50254200-1398639400.jpgpost-11942-0-87248300-1398639370.jpgpost-11942-0-80318400-1398639339.jpgpost-11942-0-30010500-1398639306.jpg

PUPPET SHOW BOOTH...This is the 7th booth in my Renaissance Fair project.

DATA...It is a small puppet show booth with (Punch & Judy)...scratch built on ceiling tile...size (2.5" x 2.5")...again shown from concept drawing to complete finish.

I hope you like this simple booth presentation...it is the 2nd of the small booths on simple plots (1st being the Kissing Booth). There are 3 more small simple booths that I have to finish before I return to the more elaborate ones with fantasy landscape.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 11

Yet another VERY IMAGINATIVE creation...a Puppet Show seem to be a natural for a Renaissance Fair.  VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Seeing all your designs for miniature booths brings to mind a question Catdancer, have you ever done carpentry on life size booth construction?

• Like 1

Seeing all your designs for miniature booths brings to mind a question Catdancer, have you ever done carpentry on life size booth construction?

Hi Darsc;

Sorry to say...I have never done any carpentry or construction work in the (1 to 1 scale) of any kind during my whole life...I have always had the artistic concept and design ability, but have only done carpentry and construction work in the miniature world.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 1

Sorry to say...I have never done any carpentry or construction work in the (1 to 1 scale) of any kind during my whole life...I have always had the artistic concept and design ability, but have only done carpentry and construction work in the miniature world.

I was wondering cause you've come up with so many different designs for them and each looks just exactly like one would expect them to look. ::):

• Like 1

I was wondering cause you've come up with so many different designs for them and each looks just exactly like one would expect them to look. ::):

Thanks again...but it is just from years of miniature building...It has reached a point that I see a/the concept in my mind and roughly translate it to paper...when I am doing the actual construction of the piece...it is refined and construction details are added (that do not appear in the rough art draft concept)...this process does not apply only to these booths...but to most everything that I build in the miniature world.

I could have built all the booths in the same (one design concept with alterations)...but that would have made the project too uniform and symmetrical looking...and I did not want that.

Paul (Catdancer)

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 1

Paul, what are you using to build all of these? I'm assuming that you're picking up stock from a Hobby Shop, but what tools do you use? Standard tools or smaller specialized tools? I'd find it interesting to see more of the building process! These look great!

• Like 2

Paul, what are you using to build all of these? I'm assuming that you're picking up stock from a Hobby Shop, but what tools do you use? Standard tools or smaller specialized tools? I'd find it interesting to see more of the building process! These look great!

Hi Kharsin;

You are correct; I get my raw wood stock from the hobby shop (hard wood only...not balsa). The tools I use are standard tools...except for a few select ones (called hobby or jeweler tools). The next booth that I build...I will post a step-by-step on the (WIP).

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

Now that is brilliant! Good god man, how do you get those builds so perfect? This is officially my new favourite piece of yours.

Thanks Anne!...I am surprised due to the fact that it is such a simple piece.

Paul

Gotta ask you Paul, where do you get the little itty bitty hinges/door knobs for these projects? Does it actually open or are they decorative?

• Like 1

Gotta ask you Paul, where do you get the little itty bitty hinges/door knobs for these projects? Does it actually open or are they decorative?

No the doors do not open...this is a tabletop game piece (solid static). If it were a (model competition piece)...the door would open...the puppets would be movable...and the booth construction (looks) would be 3 to 4 times better looking overall.

The hinges and doorknob plate are scratch built (cut) out of sheet lead and the doorknob is a straight pin with a mushroom head.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

Still very cool. I'm going to need some tiny hinges for an upcoming diorama project (building a dumpster) so that's why I was so curious about your hinges.

• Like 1