ReaperCon 2014 Report

nytflyr

This is great! I can wear my Zed costume, from Zardoz.

If you look like Sean Connery, please do.  I like eye candy as much as the next girl. :)

...then or now...?

Pretty sure Connery is a vampire, he's pretty ageless.....well not including early bond days I guess. 

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great! I can wear my Zed costume, from Zardoz.

Can I take this to mean that you'll be there next year?!  ::o:  ::D: 

Also, does anyone have a picture of the save the date card you can post on the boards? I'd love to see it ^_^

From Izzy, on Facebook:

Thank you from me as well!! The second I get that magnet, it's going on my fridge FOR GOOD.

Or, y'know, at least until after the con rolls around.  ^_^

EDIT: to add a *squee* from me too about Pingo maybe being there next year!  :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 5

Can I take this to mean that you'll be there next year?!  ::o:  ::D: 

Taking a rare moment to speak seriously, I don't know. A lot will depend on upheavals in my personal life, how much funding I can scrape together, and whether I'm on a ship/in a position that will let me take the time off - that particular time, especially. I'd like to, very much, but I'll have to be a definite maybe for the foreseeable future.
  • Like 5

Right now I'm pretty sure that I will be going next year barring some work trip that I am the only one suitable for.

I called the wife on Sunday after the action and gave her an update on my time thus far (as I hadn't called her since Friday night).  I was evidently riding the RCon high and was all bubbly an happy (kinda like Miss Mellons and Mocha are all of the time).  She thought is was so great as she hadn't heard me that excited about an event in a long time.

I let her know that the save the date cards showed that RCon '15 was over our anniversary again.  She said that it's only our 17th and no big deal (if it were the 20th then there would be some problems).  Then she decided to get something out of the deal and to hold the Pony project over my head.  So look for my crappy version of Jordan Peacocks ponies in a show off thread sometime between now and then.

• Like 8

I was evidently riding the RCon high and was all bubbly an happy (kinda like Miss Mellons and Mocha are all of the time).  She thought is was so great as she hadn't heard me that excited about an event in a long time.

I was told to shut up after two hours.
  • Like 5

Sweet that gets you three more Reapercons...

Well I sure hope so.  Things look good for '15 but I retire from active duty in '16 just before RCon so things will be fluid what with needing to find a job/possibly moving once said job is found.  Though I would like to stay here until eldest spawn graduates High school as she will be finishing her Junior year when I retire.  After that though, I'm ready to relocate.

What's the job market like in Texas I wonder, hmmmmm.

• Like 3

I've read that the job market in TX is actually pretty good right now, lower unemployment than most other states. If I had to pick a place to live in TX it'd be Austin, from everything I hear it's a pretty happening city full of young professionals and fun things to do. Not sure how far it is from Reaper HQ.

• Like 1

In the past year I had two friends from my hometown move to DFW for work.

All my friends keep moving to California. =/

I've read that the job market in TX is actually pretty good right now, lower unemployment than most other states. If I had to pick a place to live in TX it'd be Austin, from everything I hear it's a pretty happening city full of young professionals and fun things to do. Not sure how far it is from Reaper HQ.

225 miles, about 3 hours.
  • Like 2

That's not too bad, especially for a con such as the great ReaperCon!

• Like 1

It's pretty nice, you could even run over for the occasional Paint Club or store visit. I'd still want a hotel room or camp site for RCon, though.
  • Like 3

It's pretty nice, you could even run over for the occasional Paint Club or store visit. I'd still want a hotel room or camp site for RCon, though.

Oh definitely if you are going to be there for the whole weekend then a place to crash is a must. Gotta talk to my wife about letting me go to RCon next year, better start buttering her up now...

• Like 4

Dallas is not doing so bad depending on the type of work you want to do.  Plenty of developers leaving us and finding stuff with no problem.

Been here in TX...41 years almost...and my only issue is the size of the state.  If I want to go somewhere out of the state it can take hours just to get out of the state. :)

• Like 2