Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My LFGS had a painting contest on its FB Star Wars Legion page a bit ago. 2 weeks to paint up a squad of at least 4 figures. As creativity counted, I decided to set my white and black paint aside and paint something besides Stormtroopers.
I took a look through the Rebel scum I'd acquired and really like the poses and sculpts for the Rebel Veterans.
I'd planned to do the whole box of 7 figures, but (as anyone who's seen my WIPs knows) I'm not the fastest painter. I'm lucky if I can get one figure done in two weeks.
So I quickly decided to just do 4 figures for the contest.
I liked how they came out, and they did get "best painted" in the contest, so I guess they are alright.
It then took me another 6 weeks to finally finish the last 3 figures (see? Sloooooow.)
But the whole unit is finally done.
Should probably read the rules on them sometime soon.....
Now back to all those Stormtroopers.
Look at that winning smile! He wants you to come for dinner....
Reaper Bones Burrowing Horror (SKU 77372)
I am sad to see the paint has rubbed off in some places, might have to try to patch that up by using some Reaper liner.
This was a quick speed paint, less than an hour. And I think the Night Spectre (Reaper Bones SKU 77099) turned out looking awesome for the amount of effort put in.
Some basic tabletop paint jobs on Goldar the Barbarian (Reaper Bones 77047) and Dub Bullock (Reaper Bones 77027). Their faces where pretty mangled, so I didnt want to spend a lot of time on them.
I had painted Goldar earlier, and on that one the face was fine. SO I think I was unlucky on the above Goldar:
This one was for a facebook competition about color. The rules were, basically, don't worry about anything else but color. Do something different with color. I started with the idea of a dress palette of blue, teal, purple, and magenta. Once I had those colors in place, it was a matter of incorporating them in different areas of the model. I went with cotton candy roses and a galaxy print on the wings. The galaxy was a matter of stippling the dress colors (plus a bit of white) back and forth until the effect was convincing. Then I masked the body of the model and flicked a stiff brush at the wings to make star patterns. I then went back to the dress colors and stippling to blend them in a bit. This was a blast to paint, because I've never really done anything like this before.
Who's Online 31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)
- Al Capwn
- Dr Bob
- Cranky Dog
- Treadhead Rad
- Mad Jack
- Balgin Stondraeg
- Lord of the Dish Pit
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Chris Palmer