Did you come by the demo table at RCon'14?

Ludo

If you did, I was the tall lanky guy behind the tables. 

***DISCLAIMER*** I have no affiliation with Reaper or CAV:SO (Other than being a huge fanboy)

So If you did come by the table, did you get a demo? Did you get a game in? 

Edited by Ludo
  • Like 2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer insert mode...

Did you come by the demo table at RCon'14?  I wandered past several times.

So If you did come by the table, did you get a demo?  I did not. I did snap a few iPhone pictures. And, I used the Red and Yellow dictators plus the Orange tape measure and a Blue D6 to explain STEREO-A & B and Solar Flares to someone.

Did you get a get a game in?  I did not manage to to get any games in at this edition of ReaperCon.... :down:

Did you come by the demo table at RCon'14? Yup

So If you did come by the table, did you get a demo? Yup

Did you get a get a game in? Yup

I was the tall lanky blonde guy with glasses.

I'm still not convienced the Vanquisher should be that low of a threat level compared to the Starhawk. Especially when its 'light' auto fire guns do more damage (while undamaged) than the medium auto fire guns of the Starhawk and has twice as many. ::P: That being said... I love that CAV so much, it saved my game. :wub:  Mixed with the Dictator-A or (to a lesser extent) Tyrant, the thing is outstanding striker.

• Like 1

Passed by but my timing was off vs. the attendants I think.

So If you did come by the table, did you get a demo?

No, unfortunately. Next year! Were these scheduled in advance?

Did you get a get a game in? 

See above.

My son and I stopped in and did the demo. We were going to try a game, but then the Frontline guys arrived in the vendor hall and my son never left their tables again. :D It was our first contact with CAV: SO after massive XP with Cav 1 and minor XP with CAV 2. It felt similar to how I remember CAV 2 (given that we were only tossing Dictator shots back and forth). I haven't actually checked out the rules yet tho.

PS

Photographic evidence:

56dl.jpg

Nobody was there when I was, but the big guy offered to pose for a photo op along with his little doppelganger and a bones dictator (and dice for scale). So, what was up with the 3x scale 3d printed CAV..?

Hi Ludo,

I played a demo game with you and promptly had my butt handed to me by playing the best-at-close-up CAV at a distance and the best-at-a-distance CAV close up.  I enjoyed it, and it was nice to get some exposure to the game.  Thanks for a fun time!