The Unspoken Rules of the Reaper Forum

Hymn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurking is fine if you don't have much to say.  I've been a member since October and some of the three week members have already passed me in number of posts. Just "like" things that make you laugh/chuckle/giggle/shoot milk out of your nose.

Read Buglips' drybrushing thread in the tips and advice section, then help the rest of us beg him to finish it.

And for the love of your sanity, Don't tell him (Buglips that is) if you have any old paints; especially Reaper pro paints or parthas.  Fear the pitter patter.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 6

Lurking is fine if you don't have much to say.  I've been a member since October and some of the three week members have already passed me in number of posts. Just "like" things that make you laugh/chuckle/giggle/shoot milk out of your nose.

Read Buglips' drybrushing thread in the tips and advice section, then help the rest of us beg him to finish it.

And for the love of your sanity, Don't tell him (Buglips that is) if you have any old paints; especially Reaper pro paints or parthas.  Fear the pitter patter.

Rathauros is my final example on the drybrush thread, if I remember, and soon(ish) should be ready for me to finish it off.  But all the pertinent info is already in the thread, really.  His wings will just make a decent demo (I think) of practical effects.

Of course, I might bung it all up.  So there's that.  :bday:

Anyway, I figure the rules for this board are pretty simple:

1.  Follow the official posted rules

2.  When a mod says do (or stop) something, obey

3.  Play nice

4.  Help out, be involved, ask questions, post work

5.  Always remember this is a family-friendly board

The rest is all organic. 

I go off-topic too much, and am trying to curb that trait.  Be conscious that it does make work for the mod staff, and they don't like it.  I'm only still alive because I can make good puppy faces and have considerable practice begging for mercy.  But I'm still pretty sure Ladystorm would like an Rcon event in the basement sometime where she gets me into a cage match with her bat and three minutes... three minutes of playtime. 

LS:  "Hey Buglips, do you remember the time I had to clean out five pages of your nonsense from the old 'bones you'd like to see thread'?"

Me:  "Not really, I mean I do that a fair bit, and-"

*THWOCK*

LS:  "Remember it now?" 

Me:  "But there have been so many!"

*THWOCK*

LS:  "We're staying here until you remember.  All.  Of.  It."  (Ladystorm Pie Giggle)

The Pie Giggle:

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 8

I am surprised at the lack of Fight Club references in this thread.

I did do one originally (2nd post) in Hymn's other thread about Paint Club...BUT (glances at LadyStorm sheepishly) the mod bat came down on me and removed my post.

I thought you had, but when I couldn't find the post figured it was either me being crazy or Mandela Effect again.
  • Like 2

I am surprised at the lack of Fight Club references in this thread.

I did do one originally (2nd post) in Hymn's other thread about Paint Club...BUT (glances at LadyStorm sheepishly) the mod bat came down on me and removed my post.

I thought you had, but when I couldn't find the post figured it was either me being crazy or Mandela Effect again.

I noticed that a comment of mine which had been on one page was now on the previous page, but I couldn't remember what was missing.

I'm another one of those prone to going way off topic, something I do irl all the time, and I fear I have been something of a trial to the mods at times. The following are things I have learned from my bad habits.

There are a few request threads, like "Bones we'd like to see," in which they absolutely do cut out everything that is not actually a request. It is probably best to avoid the temptation to say anything in response to a request unless it is agreement (also showable by "liking" the post) or another request. Deeper discussions of the virtues of this or that type figure, or where something like it can already be found, or what it reminded you of, are best left to other threads.

Serial posting is frowned upon in the chat-type threads. If you have something further to say and no one else has posted after you, it's better to edit your post to add the new information than post right after yourself. I have noticed that serial posting appears to be acceptable if you are posting on a work-in-progress-type thread.

• Like 4