The Unspoken Rules of the Reaper Forum

Hymn

Some of us are surprisingly recent.

And some of us are surprisingly not.

Hell, I've been here longer than ReaperBryan has!

Do you ever feel tempted to call him a Noob? 

Them there are fightin' words goblin...  :mellow:

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard! I can tell you'll fit in just fine around here.  :lol:

Everyone's pretty well covered everything I could think of, aside from the fact that 'likes' are awesome things, and several of us (me included) tend to like things with great enthusiasm. Which is where the term "like-bombing" comes from. Which I ironically just did to this thread.  :ph34r:

Also, a few of us have discovered that there is, in fact, a limit to the number of likes you can give in a certain time frame (we aren't sure what that time frame is, exactly, but waiting at least 24 hours seems to reset it. Or, sometimes it's possible to wait a few hours, get a few likes back, then hit the limit again, so who knows). Pretty sure that's to help prevent like-spamming, but it can be hard when going through people's WIP threads to not like EVERY post in them, especially if they're long.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

Welcome to the Reaper Forum;

If I could add my two pense worth; I would say this is the golden rule.

Make the person that you are responding to a better painter.

Give them  a reason to really love the hobby that we have come to adore.

and above all else'

Give them information that will make them a better painter than you are now !

• Like 5

Welcome to the Reaper Forum;

If I could add my two pense worth; I would say this is the golden rule.

Make the person that you are responding to a better painter.

Give them  a reason to really love the hobby that we have come to adore.

and above all else'

Give them information that will make them a better painter than you are now !

Truth.

Seriously this is one of the best parts about this forum. Above and beyond the zany antics and friendly atmosphere is the majority of us truly love the hobby, and take a great deal of enjoyment in not just improving ourselves, but in seeing the work of others and supporting each other and helping skills grow.  one of the best examples is Pixel's "helping Noobs=Good karma" thread Where you can watch from beginning to 'end' of a new member, and new painter on her journey. Supported, encouraged, and helped along.

*I say end, because she is no longer a noob, but an excellent painter in her own right

• Like 5

If you like big stompy robots, there's word of a CAVstarter this summer, too! The kickstarters are a great way to become part of the community - I know that constantly chatting & checking the KS for a month groomed me well for my near-hourly forum reading... I met a lot of great people that way!

• Like 3

If you like big stompy robots, there's word of a CAVstarter this summer, too! The kickstarters are a great way to become part of the community - I know that constantly chatting & checking the KS for a month groomed me well for my near-hourly forum reading... I met a lot of great people that way!

I had not heard this. Link to support the rumor?

Is it fair to say that it's a rule to quit derailing the Kingdom Death KS thread with stuff about their new figures and sales? I think LadyStorm has had to beat that thread into submission...three times since I joined?

Edit: I actually think it's up to 4 now, lol

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1

It's really a general rule for the forum that has been brought to the forefront by that thread. I suspect that it would fly a little more under the radar if it were simply people saying "ooh, new releases!" and then returning to KS related talk, but all the talk of trading and the plugging of sales and whatnot on the thread was not only off-topic, but also anathema to the whole "no commerce" clause of the rules.

Frankly I'm surprised nobody has started a general Kingdom Death thread to discuss the new releases the company puts out, difficulties in assembling particular models, etc. So long as no commerce discussions start up, such a thread would be kosher, I think. Ladystorm, please let me* know if that is an incorrect assumption.

*"me" being a term for whoever is reading...I'm not personally likely to start such a thread, but someone might.

• Like 3