Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

what was your favorite part?

Title says it all.

Mine was finally meeting vejlin in person. A distant second was the lucky die roll I made that obliterated a Tiger in the Bolt Action participation game. Followed closely by the 68 inch indirect fire shot that knocked an Emperor down (I gave the kids the choice of which side to play).

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 7

Sweet! I loved the social buzz of the Wednesday night "big meat" BBQ. A close second was Victoria Lamb's Other Source Lighting class. Phenomenal!

• Like 3

Among all the paint-related things (Corporea's Night Spectre coming home with me from the auction...full circle is cool!), I am always happy when I get to pretend to be a preacher...all the better that I burned down the church! Thanks for that, MiniCannuck & Co.!

• Like 7

Meeting people I admired from the boards and finding out they were even more awesome in person and then seeing their talent recognized. It could not have been more perfect! I can't wait a whole year to see them again 😢

• Like 9

Saying "154" in a silly voice during the Saturday banquet raffle for Mouslings set and then hearing Ron actually read out my ticket number.

OK that was just more freaky and made me look like some mind controlling Warlock. I enjoyed everything since it was my first. Did not have time to play games though.

• Like 6

Among all the paint-related things (Corporea's Night Spectre coming home with me from the auction...full circle is cool!), I am always happy when I get to pretend to be a preacher...all the better that I burned down the church! Thanks for that, MiniCannuck & Co.!

I had my preacher go to the church as well.  They told me that i should have done what you did and just burn the church down so your actions lived on in infamy lol.

• Like 5

I played games, took classes from some awesome artists, went to the banquet and won a Reaper Bones Vampire Pack, got advice from the pros at their tables, and met some really cool people. But by far the most powerful experience was the awards ceremony, and I didn't even have an entry. I wear my heart on my sleeve so I am easily moved I suppose. But the ceremony was really cool. I loved seeing how excited people got when they won a medal, and especially when they won a medal of a higher level than they won before. Folks were just genuinely excited to be recognized for their work. That feeling I can really appreciate, as it is the kind of feeling that stirs my soul and inspires me to create something uniquely my own to share with others. Being appreciated for that effort is really icing on the cake!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to enter the competition for the first time next year!!!!!!! I hope I am able to improve enough by then to enter a nice model worthy of at least a certificate of merit, but even if I do not, I will be entering no matter what. Everyone was just having too much fun that night and I want to be more of a part of that experience!!!

• Like 8

Meeting Rhonda Bender is number 1. Number 2 is winning a Bronze. I totally anticipated merits for this trip and winning a Bronze is just incredibly encouraging for me. 

• Like 11

Absolutely everything.  I know that's a cheese ball answer but I had so much fun this year it's hard to pick out something finite!

• Like 9

Fiasco After Dark....'nuff said!

I am so glad I decided to stay late to host this. I'm fairly certain this will be a regular "unofficial" event from here forward.

• Like 8

I am so glad I decided to stay late to host this. I'm fairly certain this will be a regular "unofficial" event from here forward.

If you do, then you will have my wife and I there with you.

• Like 6

Please do, it was a lot of fun. I'm sorry for the larger party the last night though. 

• Like 3