Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

what was your favorite part?

Oo, private awards would be awesome. No official judging, just bring some stuff to give away to people who had the best in some arbitrary category (best mini with a stache).

Yes! I might be brave enought to enter something into the contest because of these. Just as long as there weren't so many that everyone got an award (for purposes of them meaning something), this would be cool.

Oo, private awards would be awesome. No official judging, just bring some stuff to give away to people who had the best in some arbitrary category (best mini with a stache).

Yes! I might be brave enought to enter something into the contest because of these. Just as long as there weren't so many that everyone got an award (for purposes of them meaning something), this would be cool.

Everyone who enters gets a ribbon, but only one prize or award I say.

• Like 1

I have been scientifically proven impossible to kidnap.  No need to verify this independently.  

Can you support this with a peer-reviewed source?

No need.  You can trust me on this one.  I'm an official representative of the company after all.

I think you might have a bias in this situation. :)

I have been scientifically proven impossible to kidnap.  No need to verify this independently.  

Can you support this with a peer-reviewed source?

No need.  You can trust me on this one.  I'm an official representative of the company after all.

The fundamental goal of any scientific experiment is to find disconfirming evidence; it's how science advances. I feel the need ... for science!

We're not going to significantly alter our prize structure on this, guys. Sorry. One prize, for the best, that's it. If you want more shenanigans than that, nab a game table and have your own mini-competition. :;): We are sticking to the traditional format to keep things moving. The point is still to bring awesome stuff to show your friends and to have a lot of fun pushing your abilities, and we don't want to detract from that.   ::):

Also, we will limit the number of special awards of this nature because the awards ceremony already runs around an hour…not to mention that each special award means the judging teams need to make a first cut and that is time-consuming.

Dunno if you guys knew, but our judges pretty much spend their ENTIRE Friday evening at ReaperCon judging the competition, and then they come back to judge more on Saturday. That's time that they are not available to talk to YOU at the Con. So we'd like not to go too crazy.  ::):

• Like 8

So it's decided.  I'll set up the pit trap while my ninjas test Bryan's kidnappability.  Meanwhile, my minions will start preparing Plan D.   I won't spoil that one, but it does involve trace amounts of voodoo, so hopefully Bryan isn't allergic.

• Like 3

I thought it was easy..?

STEP ONE: STEAL REAPERBRYAN'S UNDERPANTS*

STEP TWO: ...

STEP THREE: PROFIT.

*If you steal the underpants that contain ReaperBryan, you've won!

…or maybe that's too simplistic. ::D:

• Like 5

I thought it was easy..?

*intrigued*

• Like 4

We're not going to significantly alter our prize structure on this, guys. Sorry. One prize, for the best, that's it. If you want more shenanigans than that, nab a game table and have your own mini-competition. :;): We are sticking to the traditional format to keep things moving. The point is still to bring awesome stuff to show your friends and to have a lot of fun pushing your abilities, and we don't want to detract from that.   ::):

Also, we will limit the number of special awards of this nature because the awards ceremony already runs around an hour…not to mention that each special award means the judging teams need to make a first cut and that is time-consuming.

Dunno if you guys knew, but our judges pretty much spend their ENTIRE Friday evening at ReaperCon judging the competition, and then they come back to judge more on Saturday. That's time that they are not available to talk to YOU at the Con. So we'd like not to go too crazy.   ::):

Oooh, need to be clear in what I meant here.  I was assuming that if buglips wanted to have a "best goblin" (and I just use the buglips best goblin award as an example) winner then it would be up to him to give out a ribbon to everyone who entered, not at the ceremony.  The ceremony would only give out the best of award and not take up a bunch of time.  I also assumed that since buglips was handling this separate award the judging staff would not be judging it and having to take more time.  When this part of the thread started it never seemed to be an "official Reaper Paint Crew Judged Event".  But more of something fun to add to the mix.  Of course your figure could also be judged in the standard ReaperCon categories as appropriate.

Not trying to make more work for the judges or add tons of new awards to the ceremony at all.  Just trying to handle the special fun cases for an award for things like figure with best hat or best goblin.

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 2

The ReaperBryan award for Best Mini with a Hat.

I so could've nabbed that one this year if it weren't for that meddling Schubert!

Not to mention Tish, that hat for her Clementine was far superior.  ::):

• Like 2

Dunno if you guys knew, but our judges pretty much spend their ENTIRE Friday evening at ReaperCon judging the competition, and then they come back to judge more on Saturday. That's time that they are not available to talk to YOU at the Con. So we'd like not to go too crazy.   ::):

Oooh, need to be clear in what I meant here.  I was assuming that if buglips wanted to have a "best goblin" (and I just use the buglips best goblin award as an example) winner then it would be up to him to give out a ribbon to everyone who entered, not at the ceremony.  The ceremony would only give out the best of award and not take up a bunch of time.  I also assumed that since buglips was handling this separate award the judging staff would not be judging it and having to take more time.  When this part of the thread started it never seemed to be an "official Reaper Paint Crew Judged Event".  But more of something fun to add to the mix.  Of course your figure could also be judged in the standard ReaperCon categories as appropriate.

Not trying to make more work for the judges or add tons of new awards to the ceremony at all.  Just trying to handle the special fun cases for an award for things like figure with best hat or best goblin.

Need to have every miniature in a single category be a buglips the goblin minature. That way the judges have no choice but to recongize the excellence of General Buglips and his influence on this generation of painters.

Edited by groovyedwin
  • Like 3

I thought it was easy..?

*intrigued*

Two great minds thinking alike!

Guess what's getting a hat as soon as my KS2 minis arrive?

45c920b0ca196946f7fa27d711825281_large.j

My wife says she can knit him a bowling shirt too....    ::D:  ::D:  ::D:  ::D: ...  A great candidate for Open category I think.

• Like 5