what was your favorite part?

Sergeant_Crunch

Don't make me choose.

This year, I took the time to sit down and talk with some folks, and I'm glad I did. I don't get to see ANY of you up close and personal as often as I'd like, except when I'm in a place where you're all milling around at once, and I'm pinballing from person to event to class to forum to game...

Need to come earlier next year.

• Like 7

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiasco After Dark....'nuff said!

I am so glad I decided to stay late to host this. I'm fairly certain this will be a regular "unofficial" event from here forward.

Please do, it was a lot of fun. I'm sorry for the larger party the last night though.

It was totally worth losing my voice over!

• Like 3

Don't make me choose.

This year, I took the time to sit down and talk with some folks, and I'm glad I did. I don't get to see ANY of you up close and personal as often as I'd like, except when I'm in a place where you're all milling around at once, and I'm pinballing from person to event to class to forum to game...

The wife and I enjoyed the doc's company very much! I mean he saved my wife from zombies for pete's sake.

• Like 6

Don't make me choose.

As a point of interest, should anybody be planning to show up early, if I do go next year I will be showing up a couple of days before the con and leaving a couple of days after.  I'm not a big fan of travelling, and if it's all too crammed together and hectic it just ruins me.  I like to get in, situate, decompress, chillax a while, so that by the time the con actually starts I feel like I live there (also gives me time to explore the ventilation system)  The con is 4 days, my trip covers 8.  Much nicer.

So if people will be kicking around before and after the con dates, and I'm confirmed as going, I can totally tell people when I'll be in town beforehand. 

• Like 11

Don't make me choose.

As a point of interest, should anybody be planning to show up early, if I do go next year I will be showing up a couple of days before the con and leaving a couple of days after.  I'm not a big fan of travelling, and if it's all too crammed together and hectic it just ruins me.  I like to get in, situate, decompress, chillax a while, so that by the time the con actually starts I feel like I live there (also gives me time to explore the ventilation system)  The con is 4 days, my trip covers 8.  Much nicer.

So if people will be kicking around before and after the con dates, and I'm confirmed as going, I can totally tell people when I'll be in town beforehand. 

Please (and this goes for anyone else as well) do let me know if you would like to come a few days early. I'm local, should be moved into a house by then, and would be more than willing to host some early birds.

• Like 6

Don't make me choose.

I believe that had there been an award for "Forum Person We Most Want To Meet" at ReaperCon, it would have been you! Please come next year!

• Like 8

Two things come to mind as my favorite experiences at ReaperCon 2014.

I took a class with Derek Schubert, Painting Expressive Eyes and Faces.  AMAZING CLASS!!!  I could gush on and on about how good the instruction was, clear, concise, easily understood. The best part about the class was Derek demonstrated his techniques as he covered the material. The 6 of us all huddled together over his shoulder intently watching a master. I learned soooooo much more than painting faces. The thing that was really illustrated to me in the classes is how all the top tear painters all have different painting techniques and not any one of them is better than the next. It's just a matter of what you find most comfortable. Some use a wet pallet, some use wells, some mix their paint as they go, some premix in a well. At the end of class, I wanted to dance a jig. It's such a generous community of artists that are willing to share a life time of hard earned experience so others can have a head start having to discover the principles of master figure painting.

BTW...  Erin Hartwell was in that class. She cleaned up this year in the painting contest. I can't wait to see her future works.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Top of the mountain was this!

Best convention I have ever been to. Can't wait for next year!

• Like 9

Derek, Julie, and Bob all get my vote for the nicest people at Rcon. This is a tough call too, given the overabundance of really nice people. Year after year these 3 put up with me tracking them down to talk to them. They even smile, and act interested. It's superhuman. 

My favorite part was getting to see everyone.

• Like 6