what was your favorite part?

Sergeant_Crunch

Seargent_Crunch, thank you for starting this thread; it's a good way for someone like me who wasn't able to go to get a feel for what it was like to be there. It's also making me sad for missing out on so much funtimes and awesome people, but that's just making me even MORE determined to make it next year! ^_^

This year, one of the best parts of the con was watching OTHER PEOPLE SQUEE.

lol If that's the case, you should probably bring earplugs to the next one. I have been known to be very squee-ful, especially when seeing small, cute things. Or small, amazing things. Given that I will be surrounded by thousands of small, cute, amazing things, I'll probably end up just turning into one big squee on the spot. ^_^:bday:

@buglips - Huzzah!!!! ::D: Very glad to hear that, since you're on my list of "moderately famous peoples I want to meet one day." ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You're welcome, thought it would be fun.

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything was great at ReaperCon.  The hotel was fantastic, the Reaper staff treated everyone like they were family, the artists were gracious with their time and our fellow con goers were amazing to hang out with.

If I have to pick one thing, I guess it would be the after hours around the fire talking and playing games.  It was casual and you really had a chance to get to know people.  I loved hearing the stories about how my favorite artists started in the industry and what they were doing before.  I also liked to hear about the lives of other con goers and what the hobby is like in their home town.  It gave me great ideas to improve my local gaming scene while also making me thankful for what I already have.

Thank you everyone for making this such a wonderful trip.  We will see you again next year, eh?

• Like 8

I have a few favorites

Talking to the artists, The sculptors and painters were all easy going and knowledgeable, not to mention humble.

Stand outs for me were Tre Manor, Victoria Lamb, and James Wappel. But all of them were lovely and a large regret for me is not picking their brains more than I did.

The trade in bin was also a highlight, I spent a huge portion of the convention digging through the pile of metal, it was certainly cool in and of itself, but everyone at the table was helpful and would keep an eye out for pieces other people might want.

Another big favorite was peaking in on Girots(I believe, sorry if I got the forum name wrong) HeroQuest game, he had some cool house rules, and heroquest is the game that got me into gaming so it was nice to see.

• Like 5

To be completely biased the auction is always the best part for me. While I'm not a big fan of being in front of people like that its fun being able to entertain folks, give stuff away and end the show on a high note instead of letting it kind of fade out.

• Like 9

To be completely biased the auction is always the best part for me. While I'm not a big fan of being in front of people like that its fun being able to entertain folks, give stuff away and end the show on a high note instead of letting it kind of fade out.

You got a beer at least?  Even if Bobby Jackson was trying to bid on it.   :blush:

• Like 3

Its been a while since I have had a beer during the auction and never at the Reaper auction, thanks Meg. I'm moving so much up there it burns through my system pretty quick though.

I didn't notice any difference other than you didn't lose your voice!

• Like 1

There is a reasonably good chance I will be able to attend next year as well, and I would love to meet the legendary buglips and all of ye's.

word of caution. Unless you have impeccable self control, don't take the "How Not to Suck" class John is an unrepentant brush licker 

• Like 6

There is a reasonably good chance I will be able to attend next year as well, and I would love to meet the legendary buglips and all of ye's.

word of caution. Unless you have impeccable self control, don't take the "How Not to Suck" class John is an unrepentant brush licker

What happens at Reapercon etc ;)
  • Like 2

I cringed every time he put that brush into his mouth.

• Like 4

I ... try to rely on education and information rather than hectoring people when they're on the job.

Brush licking worries me, but if I am not the teacher I would rather not derail a class like that.

It's tricky.

• Like 7