what was your favorite part?

Sergeant_Crunch

Agreed. Let's drop the topic in this thread.

I liked the people most of all.

Yep, it's a special group of people. And for probably the first time in several decades I don't mean that in any kind of sarcastic nasty way, but a good way.

I now have a Local Reaper family and an Extended Reaper family, and ReaperCon is the best family reunion ever.

until (or because of?) a Fiasco landing in the mix?

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it's the yearly Fiasco games that add to my Extended Family so quickly. I feel like I develop a rich, deep history with the players in those three hours we spend crafting a story.

• Like 3

Honestly, it's the yearly Fiasco games that add to my Extended Family so quickly. I feel like I develop a rich, deep history with the players in those three hours we spend crafting a story.

QFT.  Fiasco is great for creating shared history with folks, and excellent fodder for "Remember that time when..." conversations.  Like, for example, "Remember that time when the Cannonball Cannibal turned into a monster and then we crashed a zeppelin into the big top to stop the rampage?"  It's on my "must do" list for any ReaperCon I attend, that's for sure!  (Also, kacey, if you need extra hands on deck to help facilitate Fiasco After Dark next year, I'm all about it.)

• Like 1

Also, kacey, if you need extra hands on deck to help facilitate Fiasco After Dark next year, I'm all about it.

There is a very good chance that I will actually have a sign up for players and volunteers on the forums in advance next year. It was such a rip roaring success, I think we need to ensure that it happens again... but with a bit more organization on my part (more dice, more cards, more tables, etc.).

• Like 4

One of my few regrets at the con was turning Bryan down when invited for a late night game of fiasco.

Me too.  I would have loved to, but I was feeling like hell at the time.  I was afraid I'd have been a wet blanket on everyone else's fun.

• Like 4

Something is going to kill you someday. It's up to you to determine where to place your risk. I ride a motorcycle, daily. I'm sure the toxicity of paint is pretty paltry in comparison.

I have to say, I was very happy to see that you wear a helmet and some protective gear when you ride. I'm used to seeing it in Georgia but when we got into Texas, I was a bit horrified at the lack of helmets and general gear. @[email protected] I've got a thing about it, I have to at least see a helmet. Just thanks for being safe.
  • Like 5

Re: recruiting players for Fiasco

I have a few actor friends that are not really gamers at all...I once suggested that we undertake an impromptu acting exercise as a collaborative storytelling process. They were really interested, especially since I said beers and spirits were entirely welcome, until I referred to it as "role-playing." Then it was all, "i have to wash my hair" and "gee look how late it is."

This is a group of actors. I don't understand this.

• Like 5

Something is going to kill you someday. It's up to you to determine where to place your risk. I ride a motorcycle, daily. I'm sure the toxicity of paint is pretty paltry in comparison.

I have to say, I was very happy to see that you wear a helmet and some protective gear when you ride. I'm used to seeing it in Georgia but when we got into Texas, I was a bit horrified at the lack of helmets and general gear. @[email protected] I've got a thing about it, I have to at least see a helmet. Just thanks for being safe.
Same. I'm pretty adamant about skid lids when I ride.

Only nerds do that roleplaying thing. :rolleyes: Edited by Last Knight
  • Like 2

My husband didn't understand this either. I know for me it's a mental thing with associating role play and impromptu. You tell me to role play, and I'm suddenly, "ehhh....I uh...put on my robe and wizard hat?"

You tell me, 'let's play a game of Fiasco and we get to be whomever we want' then suddenly I'm putting on an over exaggerated valley girl accent, stance, and mindset and having a blast.

I don't get it, it's just what works. I know Mr Melons is going to be expecting a lot more from my Role playing now, since he's seen me do it. And I did it pretty well I think!

• Like 1

Redirect!

My husband didn't understand this either. I know for me it's a mental thing with associating role play and impromptu. You tell me to role play, and I'm suddenly, "ehhh....I uh...put on my robe and wizard hat?"You tell me, 'let's play a game of Fiasco and we get to be whomever we want' then suddenly I'm putting on an over exaggerated valley girl accent, stance, and mindset and having a blast.I don't get it, it's just what works. I know Mr Melons is going to be expecting a lot more from my Role playing now, since he's seen me do it. And I did it pretty well I think!

I value my life and my body parts. I have a young son and a wonderful wife and I don't want to do anything stupid to burden them.

I didn't learn to ride until just last year, so I was smart enough to take it all very seriously.

• Like 5

I value my life and my body parts. I have a young son and a wonderful wife and I don't want to do anything stupid to burden them.

I didn't learn to ride until just last year, so I was smart enough to take it all very seriously.

I always wear a helmet when I'm on a motorcycle and a seatbelt when I'm in a car, and I think you should, too.

But I don't think you should be required to by force of law.

But then I also think we, as a society, shouldn't be forced to pay for the consequences if you don't.

• Like 4