what was your favorite part?

Sergeant_Crunch

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we have everyone work on this subject matter for next years ReaperCon Art show! That will leave no option for them to avoid recognizing the greatness they see before their eyes!

Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt if we ALL turned in at least 1 buglips. :p

I didn't do anything!  You can't prove nothin!  Anybody could have left those crumbs in that vent!

Oh, you meant as a contest entry. 

• Like 6

I really appreciate those of you who said you loved the awards ceremony. That's the most nerve-wracking event of every year for me (being the announcer). When people are so happy afterwards, that makes it all worth it. There was TREMENDOUS positive energy this year and I think it was our best ever!!

Now…get painting. I want to see ALL of you enter next year!! :;):

Hey you know it's big when you get to call my name out for an award ::):

• Like 2

that could be kinda fun. But the judges might get cranky. Which considering the head judge was Crow, could be kinda fun.....

Don't worry about him. I was the captain on that judging team.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 3

What I loved about the con:  Seeing many old friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.  

The hotel was a very pleasant surprise.  I won't lie.  I was really anxious about the transition to the hotel.  I've been going since 2005 and have watched things grow.  Last year things were clearly getting too crowded, and we couldn't keep expecting Reaper to completely shut the facility down for weeks to prep and run the show.  I was really nervous that ReaperCon, my family reunion, was going to turn into just another con and lose some of that intimacy as it started becoming more of a "bigger" con.  The feel was no different, just the location was a little bigger, so things didn't feel so crowded.  It was awesome to spend time with my old friends, as well as meeting so many new folks.  I was joking with some of the other old timers about how we were becoming ReaperCon Grognards and all these new kids were going to ruin things.  And I loved that I was totally dead wrong, even if I was just joking about it.

I loved whatever that Apple Pie hooch Castlebuilder shared with me Saturday night, and want the recipe.

I loved being able to go to the boneyard and just pick, without the crowd, but damn, the factory was so quiet and empty.  It really felt kind of creepy.  Having a rental car meant I also had the luxury to go whenever I wanted.

I really liked the high tables for the painting contest, and such a simple way to elevate them.  I wish we had those back when I was running demos, that 40 degree lean over the low table all weekend at a con just kills your lower back.

I loved making S'Mores at the fireplace Saturday night, and sharing them with anyone who walked over.  Although I HATE how hard it is to neatly eat a S'More with a full beard.

• Like 11

• Reaper User

IF Buglips actually comes to ReaperCon next year, he COULD contact me and offer a Special Award for the best piece entered in the painting competition featuring a Goblin.  :;): He would need to supply the award (whatever it might be) but with enough advance notice (to give people time to work on entries) I think we could swing it.  

The cons we take the Open System from (World Expo, MMSI Chicago, etc.) usually have a bunch of Special or Theme Awards like this. As long as we can advertise far enough in advance, and it's understood that the judging team makes the first cut selection, and then Buglips himself would choose the winner from those models.

There are also rumors of a ReaperBryan Award, for the Best Mini Featuring a Hat. 

Let the chaos commence...

By the way, my favorite part was seeing some new faces win Gold medals and Sophies this year. Also seeing that the number of people getting Silver medals almost DOUBLED from last year! Oh, and that the number of entries this year was more than double those of two years back...

• Like 11

IF Buglips actually comes to ReaperCon next year, he COULD contact me and offer a Special Award for the best piece entered in the painting competition featuring a Goblin.   :;):He would need to supply the award (whatever it might be) but with enough advance notice (to give people time to work on entries) I think we could swing it.  

Let the chaos commence...

Please, at least provide some guidelines for the award.... 

• Like 3