Cash's Con Braindump

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First and foremost, thanks to all the wonderful people for making that such an amazing experience. The friendly forumites, the generous artists, the harried and helpful reaperites. It all came togethe

QFT,  I think it is mostly because Reaper is the people not the place and the people came to the hotel.

Dahling, I did not murder that paint…its sales numbers murdered it.   Well…that and the company that originally make the base for that paint went out of business soon after MSP got released, and w

The water cups provided were fine, we just needed plates that didn't suck all the moisture out of the paint mixes in minutes. Seconds once you started thinning. I did some (MY FIRST) wet-blending in Lovejoy's NMM class, but when I tried to go back and do my usual NMM post-block in glazish type stuff, the paint just dried out too fast. A hydrophobic plate would've been helpful.

• Like 3

I am there with you on all counts, pretty much... particularly the lighting issues. I don't want to BASH anyone about it, since I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have occurred to ME until it was too late to do anything about it if I'd been in charge... but I'd like to hope that if we do this again next year at the same hotel, there will be some lighting rigs handy. 

I missed the factory. I had to go visit the factory. And I was sad because we weren't at the factory no more. But I do not miss the experience of being cheek and jowl with everyone in too small a space, much less trying to find a place to STAND during the awards ceremony (sit? During the ceremony? At the factory? Ahahahahaha...) And it's mighty nice being able to duck up to the room for a forgotten item or to dump the fresh load of swag. Altogether, as long as there are still factory tours and Boneyard access, I think I can live with this "hotel" business. At first I was afraid it'd just start being "another convention," but Reapercon managed to hold its uniqueness, despite bein' smeared all over a hotel.

• Like 9

At first I was afraid it'd just start being "another convention," but Reapercon managed to hold its uniqueness, despite bein' smeared all over a hotel.

QFT,  I think it is mostly because Reaper is the people not the place and the people came to the hotel.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 13

At first I was afraid it'd just start being "another convention," but Reapercon managed to hold its uniqueness, despite bein' smeared all over a hotel.

QFT,  I think it is mostly because it is because Reaper is the people not the place and the people came to the hotel.

You are, of course, correct.

I should have said that. But you did, so it's all good.

• Like 10
  • Artists

There was a SNAFU with the plates. Considering all the new stuff that Reaper peeps had to deal with, I don't think it's too weird that something normally well handled went awry. (And I will admit that I kind of freaked a little when I first saw the plates!) ;-> Normally we have foam plates and solo cups for supplies. And at the factory, there's a supply cupboard where extras are kept that sneaky instructors have been known to plunder if supplies in the class areas get low. One of the perils of moving off-site, I guess! There was hydrophobic parchment paper to be used on top of the paper plates for many classes, but supplies of that did run low on a few occasions. The issue was mentioned and noted in Anne's postmortem con discussion, believe me!

On another note - I enjoyed meeting you too, Cash, and getting a look at your work!

• Like 9