The "NEW" List of Doom

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

Looks like the Baron and Czar are off the list. Sad b/c they were awesome models in metal.

-- We have moved them up in size as dropships. Didn't think a smaller metal mini would do them justice.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the design notes saying which figures are getting rescaled. That was pretty much 100% of the figures I wondered why you'd drop them from CAV.

I keep having friends tell me they want to do some large scale mech combat, but never wanted to buy the horde of mechs to start the collection (along with everything else). This is my foot in the door right here.

Edited by Sae

"Heroic N scale." I like that reasoning.

Waitin' on the Bones... swelp me, if someone at Reaper is clever enough to offer faction boxed sets, I'd buy them.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 1

• Reaper User

Any chance of fully tabletop scaled up dropships like MechWarrior did years ago? I'd love to see a to scale playable Dropship that I didn't have to scratch build.

-- Anything and everything is possible..especially in plastic. But let me get the game out first! ;-)

• Like 2

Any chance of fully tabletop scaled up dropships like MechWarrior did years ago? I'd love to see a to scale playable Dropship that I didn't have to scratch build.

-- Anything and everything is possible..especially in plastic. But let me get the game out first! ;-)

Hi Folks!

I'm new to CAV (and Warlord still) but am interested and planning on supporting the CAV:SO KS.

I do have a question relating to drop ships. Does Reaper currently include any drop ships in their catalog of CAV models? I've tried to search for them and can't seem to identify any.

Hi Folks!

I'm new to CAV (and Warlord still) but am interested and planning on supporting the CAV:SO KS.

I do have a question relating to drop ships. Does Reaper currently include any drop ships in their catalog of CAV models? I've tried to search for them and can't seem to identify any.

There are no dropships in the current Reaper catalog. Somewhere there are some templates and instructions to scratchbuild a dropship from foamcore though.

Hi Folks!

There are no dropships in the current Reaper catalog. Somewhere there are some templates and instructions to scratchbuild a dropship from foamcore though.

Ok. I think I may have run across something like that. I guess they would be rather large to produce in metal . . . :-)

Edited by Maredudd

• Reaper User

Just a FYI... some of the models that were being used as "aircraft" have been designated as dropships now and will be upgraded in size, fluff wise. So a model does exist, but it no where in scale to what it has become.

These include:

Merlin

Czar

Badger

Kharl

Baron

Vindicator

Lynx

Fenri

• Like 1

Just a FYI... some of the models that were being used as "aircraft" have been designated as dropships now and will be upgraded in size, fluff wise. So a model does exist, but it no where in scale to what it has become.

These include:

Merlin

Czar

Badger

Kharl

Baron

Vindicator

Lynx

Fenri

Ah I see.  So if I'm reading all of this correctly, these models will get a nice up-scaling to accomodate the redefined sizes?  Given the digital nature of the tooling this should be fairly simple, yes?

I have a fat stack of Starhawk VI's... Should I recycle them or is there a means to use them?  The same could be asked about any of the Robot Depot models.

Given the digital nature of the tooling this should be fairly simple, yes?

Sure, if you don't mind your mini having a ton of flat, featureless panels.  Scaling either up or down a little bit is pretty simple, but when you start talking about a huge change in size the details really create problems b/c they start to get too small to print, or so large that the details are no longer details.

• Like 1