Mr. Melons' WIPs and Platemail

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working on 80016: IMEF: Nick Stone for the last few days. I was trying to go for a Mass Effect kind of feel with him. Not sure if I want to work on him more or if he's ok for now.

IMAG0678_zpsea9b8bed.jpg

IMAG0679_zps3417a3cb-1.jpg

I also mixed a gloss varnish into the blood red that went into his armor to give it the "plastic" look of futuristic armor. I also used the wife's camera instead of my sucky one.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 12

Ah, much better! Looks really good; I'm digging the face and the shiny plastic armor look. (Though I'd be interested in seeing you paint in the highlights in the future. I find super glossy things easy, since you just need a stark white specular highlight rather than smooth blending.)

• Like 1

Ah, much better! Looks really good; I'm digging the face and the shiny plastic armor look. (Though I'd be interested in seeing you paint in the highlights in the future. I find super glossy things easy, since you just need a stark white specular highlight rather than smooth blending.)

I did attempt to blend and use hard highlights but the look wasn't what I was going for and matted it more than anything. Mostly I liked it but wasn't happy with it.

Next in the line of Nova Corps soldiers I will be working on is the 80010: Nova Corp:Sgt. I liked doing his armor a lot more than the last guy's. I even did it a bit faster this time (roughly 5 hours or so). And here he is...

WP_20140513_019_zpsc9125f09.jpg

WP_20140513_022_zps6cf6e068.jpg

The wife says it came out better than the first one too.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 13

That's some nice red armor. The second is cleaner/smoother looking than the first, but they both look good. Red can be a tough color for coverage, but it looks like you handled that quirk well. Are you using reaper paint or something different?

• Like 1