In a different thread Vince put out a call for terrain assistance the night before ReaperCon. He needed a big hill. (A table was planned that called for a graveyard on a hill.) A link to that thread.

I saw the thread and a few PMs and text messages later it was determined that there was a hill hiding in my rather disheveled workshop room that might do.

It looked like this:
y1lp.jpg
It was an unfinished slab of pink foam (the top had a basecoat on it). This shot was originally sent via phones to [give] Vince an idea of how big it was. That is a Storm Giant from the KS 1 batch along with a paint bottle for scale (I lack a copy of Sir Forscale).

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7

Vince said, "please bring that..." so I got to painting to cover up those pink sides:

fgba.jpg

WiP shot from Wednesday evening. (For some unknown reason it will not display inline. :grr: ) Figured out the glitch.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

Here is what it looked like Thursday Morning on the Table:

qwlp.jpg

(I am doing EXACTLY the same steps as I did in the first post and the images  :angry: refuse to display inline. I blame ImageShack, not Reaper.) Turns out it was a stupid hooman trick, ImageShack contributed by making things needlessly difficult.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

The Hill looks TERRIFIC. I hope the game was a enjoyable as it is GOOD LOOKING.

PhotoBucket seems to enjoy making arbitrary changes to that only serve in making life more difficult also. I attribute this to the EVIL influences of the basically Diabolical Cameras themselves.

• Like 1

Simple and effective.  I like it :)  However, I'm terrified for the zombies that likely appeared given the graveyard...

Simple and effective.  I like it :)  However, I'm terrified for the zombies that likely appeared given the graveyard...

In the draft version of the scenarios the Crusader Army (and other factions with any shred of do-goodly-ness) were trying to reach the graveyard in order to prevent such things...

...whereas the Darkspawn Army (and the other undead-tolerant factions) were trying to reach the graveyard in order to do just that.

• Like 1

That would make the hillside an emergency.  A game of King of the Hill with pretty darn high stakes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      This is something I started working on a looong time ago.  I finally made the push to get it done and get it out--probably donating it to one of the FLGSs.  WIP  here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87566-ruined-building-terrain-pic-heavy-ish/
      I wasn't trying to get too, too fancy with this.  Rather I began with the intent to see how quickly I could make a good enough piece of terrain.  Had I not taken a year-long hiatus from it I may have succeeded, as I think that barring drying times I have around.
      You can see a Bones skele or to lurking around for scale.  I was having a challenging time with my camera and the lighting (room is kind of in disarray at the moment), so I have a few different exposures here.
      Had a lot of fun with the fiddly bits like the graffiti, wire conduit, and dead plants.
      In the fist and second pics you can even see one of my new backgrounds in the...background--too bad I made it for a standard mini, not a large building.
      Questions, comments, critiques welcome!

• By Nightwing
      A craft store near me was going out of business, and I found the rock molding kit from Scene O Rama for $1. There was enough plaster to make  2 molds of each rock. I painted them as instructed with the provided paints, glued them to balsa squares and rectangles, added some dirt and the talus. Some bushes added for color and interest. I wouldn’t use balsa wood for this again. The washes and thinned down glues caused the balsa to curl. 

I figured id use them as difficult terrain indicators in our D&D games.  I’m thinking about running the old timey Isle of Dread adventure for my group, maybe these will come in handy. 

• By ultrasquid
      I didn't see this listed so:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

I received an engineering sample of the product today. They're made of hard gray injection-molded plastic, my guess would be ABS from its hardness and density. The floor and wall ties fit together tightly, though it takes a bit of effort that likely would wear at paint on those surfaces had they been painted. Due to response from earlier sample recipients, the production tiles will be slightly larger than the samples.

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By BLZeebub
      This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)