Hello everyone.  I've recently started up a creative blog (mostly focused on painting miniatures, with the occassional character journals and short fiction popping up), and thought that you all may like to take a gander at some of the figures I've recently finished up:

10155824_694494050593283_377293086_n.jpg

Queek Headtaker from Warhammer Fantasy, painted for a local painting competition (ending today).

20140424_200733%5B1%5D.jpg

Geronimo! (from Wild West Exodus)

20140425_203857%255B1%255D.jpg

One of the LE Sophies from our very own Reaper Miniatures

20140427_141029%5B1%5D.jpg

Jack Ryan, another one of Reaper's (second time painting, first time was for a commission)

20140428_185743.jpg

And finally Karzoug, again from Reaper.

You all can find the blog here (including the WIP shots of all these figures and many more): MagiusMinis.Blogspot.com

Hope you all enjoy, and any feedback and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated

• Like 19

These all look great! I especially like the bear, I have to get me one of these now.

As for constructive criticism, The mold line on Jack Ryan is particularly noticable. I normally don't remove the mold lines myself unless they are annoyingly obvious. His is one I would remove. (My opinion only).

Keep it up though, you have some great stuff here.

Thanks for the feedback.  Yeah, I really should have done a better job cleaning the mold-lines on that figure, but (as with many mold lines that I end up missing) I didn't really notice it until after I had already primed the figure - which really is too late to be cutting out chunks of the figure to clean it up.

But I have the latest post up, so if you want to see what I've finished up, head on over and check it out (I'll hold off a bit before cross posting the pictures here, so my readers have some reason to go over there first before looking for the pictures here.)

Wow.. Thanks for posting.

Really like your color choices.

Nice to see someone that isn't afraid of stretching the color palette !

It's been a couple of days since the picture went up on my blog, so here's the latest figure that I've painted up - the Hound of Tindalos:

20140430_181308%5B1%5D.jpg

Enjoy - and as always, C&C are quite welcome

• Like 5

Well, it has been a day since my last post, so here's the Mousling Pirate that I've been painting up:

20140503_111641%5B1%5D.jpg

My next completed pic post likely won't be for a bit, as I'm working on a competition piece, and will likely take me a few days to complete.  I may start up a WIP thread just to track him and the progress I make on Nethyrmaul (my next big project), but that will not be before tomorrow (have to give my blog readers a chance to ogle my work first, of course).

• Like 6

New set of figures are up on my blog, and there's a solid grouping of them there today (and yes, I painted almost all of those today).

Keep an eye on this space, as I'll be crossposting them here in a few days time (and then hiding away again for a week while I paint up Nethyrmaul - so keep an eye on my blog to see how he's coming along!).

Here is is, Monday evening, and as promised, here are the pictures from over the weekend.  Fair warning - there are a lot of them!

First up, my next competition piece - a freshly painted Skaven Stormvermin:

20140510_143023.jpg

Next up, one of the lovely ladies from Infinity:

20140510_123333.jpg

Followed by a cute little ferret from Stonehaven Miniatures:

20140510_190638.jpg

After that comes an ever immodest Succubus from Reaper Miniatures (click on through for the uncensored version - but be warned, definite nudity and very much NSFW):

She is followed by a lovely lass wearing all the clothes that the succubus, well, isn't.  Give it up for Belle, the Steampunk Heroine from Reaper Miniatures:

20140511_122718.jpg

And we will finish this out with the Runelord Azalist, complete with her fiery wand:

20140511_172210.jpg

Thank you all for taking a gander at my work, and as always, C & C are more than welcome - and yes, I did paint all of these figures over the course of two days.

Edited by ladystorm
Removed Nudity
  • Like 7

After over a week, I have finished with the mighty Nethyrmaul the Undying!  I'd normally wait a day or two before cross-posting the figure over to here, but it's been quite long enough since my last set of pics here, so I'm going to go ahead and bring over the main event (as well as the other figures I've posted up on game nights):

And if you want to see the Work in Progress pictures, just click through to MagiusMinis.blogspot.com - I've tracked every day's work on this thing, so you can see how it all built up and came together.

Nethyrmaul:

20140520_192703%5B1%5D.jpg

Buffalo Bill from Wild West Exodus:

20140511_172355.jpg

Dragonslayer from Games Workshop:

20140515_203244.jpg

Recipricator from Privateer Press

20140515_203032.jpg

Hrolfgad Lightsaddle

20140515_203333.jpg

Pile of Dead Bards from Zombie Orpheus Entertainment

20140515_203108.jpg

Thorvald, Dwarf Bear Rider

20140515_202829.jpg

As always, C&C are appreciated - and I hope you all like this latest round of minis that I've posted up!

Edited by MagiusDel
  • Like 6

Great work!...except for the pile of dead bards. ::(:  Such a loss of raw talent! The travesty! Where is the uproar?!?  ::):

It's likely that the horde they faced had figured out the system, set an ambush and attacked the bards first to prevent their morale boosting songs.  Naturally after winning the day, you sort your kills according to XP.

I really like your Nethyrmaul and Owlrider.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 1

Great work!...except for the pile of dead bards. ::(:  Such a loss of raw talent! The travesty! Where is the uproar?!?  ::):

It's likely that the horde they faced had figured out the system, set an ambush and attacked the bards first to prevent their morale boosting songs.  Naturally after winning the day, you sort your kills according to XP.

Slight language warning.

• Like 2