Dice Purse

greyhaze

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The itemized donkey shirt is...awesome

It makes for a funny joke, but I can't get past the prices. A 10' pole, 7 gp? Where do they live, a desert? Maybe they have a major termite problem? Gaming has always featured somewhat dubious pricing systems, but those prices are in a whole different league.

Merchant one, "I will carefully combine malted barley, hops and yeast, properly ferment and age it, and then I will sell five gallons for 3 gp."

Merchant two, "I will farm hemp, carefully harvest the plants, separate the fibers, weave it into sturdy, supple ropes, then sell 50' lengths for 5 gp."

Merchant three, "I will cut this sapling from my backyard, then I will sell it...for 7 gp."

Merchant four, "I will raise this small animal for two years, caring for it, training and feeding it, then I will sell it...for 10 gp."

• Like 2

Gaming has always featured somewhat dubious pricing systems, but those prices are in a whole different league.

Not to mention the impacts of adventurers returning with a bunch of loot, and immediately dumping a lot of wealth into the local economy.  That could have huge impacts to the basic stability of the region with the resulting inflation and potential run on goods.

Gaming has always featured somewhat dubious pricing systems, but those prices are in a whole different league.

Not to mention the impacts of adventurers returning with a bunch of loot, and immediately dumping a lot of wealth into the local economy.  That could have huge impacts to the basic stability of the region with the resulting inflation and potential run on goods.

I was going to post a link to a OotS strip that covers this, but I think that one was a print-only page.