Painting Contest - Be a Spaceship Superstar! (ends Sept 7th, 2014)

It's awesome so many folks are getting into this!

I am starting to think that encouraging MORE people into fantastic dioramas is really against me... specially if Jasper has the VOID VASA Viper bikes...

You mean these ones?

(picture)

:devil:

Wow!  I look at those bikes, and my first thought is some scene like ... "Tetsuoooooo!"  (Zap zap zap!)  "Ka-neeeeee-daaaaaa!"  (Blorp!)

Ah, nostalgia!  (For anime with nearly incomprehensible fan subs, no less.)

• Like 4

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to think that encouraging MORE people into fantastic dioramas is really against me... specially if Jasper has the VOID VASA Viper bikes...

You mean these ones?

(picture)

Wow!  I look at those bikes, and my first thought is some scene like ... "Tetsuoooooo!"  (Zap zap zap!)  "Ka-neeeeee-daaaaaa!"  (Blorp!)

My Precioussssss!!

• Like 2

You mean these ones?

(picture)

My Precioussssss!!

gollum_and_ring.jpeg

I want them because they look like civilian "down-graded tech" version of the military Aleph bikes:

1376991672678.jpg

Penthesilea-1.jpg

I've been dreaming of building a few "civs" like that out of plasticard, so getting my hands on some of the VOID stuff would be awesome.

So I am pushing for this contest, because for ONCE I actually care a little about the prize  :devil:

• Like 4

Just so we are clear, Willen blamed him jumping into this contest on me. So if he wins it's my fault merit.  ^_^

There.

I am afraid I promised the TARDIS to my daughter when I am done, but if not and it would've been a winning piece, it would be yours to keep.

I might even build a second one for you.

• Like 2

Pretty sure Willen probably has this in the bag, that Tardis is awesome. I haven't had a chance to work on any of my sci fi stuff so I might not make this contest. The Mr might, if I can prod him enough. I'll tell him to win for the both of us. ^_^

• Like 3

Oh, I have nothing honestly. I am just trying to do nice work for the above reasons but am at that weird place where I see what other people are getting for their stuff and go "ooohhh that is cool, wish I had done that!"

Super fun.

• Like 3

Pretty sure Willen probably has this in the bag, that Tardis is awesome. I haven't had a chance to work on any of my sci fi stuff so I might not make this contest. The Mr might, if I can prod him enough. I'll tell him to win for the both of us. ^_^

I wouldn't say that, there are a lot of great projects going on and I think it'll be a close one in the end. Willen is showing off his skills building things right now and it's very impressive indeed, but nothing is in the bag for anyone right now as the judges all have different tastes and ways of judging things.

Definitely get Mr. M to join, he does good work too and he seems to like the Sci-fi stuff a lot.

Oh, I have nothing honestly. I am just trying to do nice work for the above reasons but am at that weird place where I see what other people are getting for their stuff and go "ooohhh that is cool, wish I had done that!"

Super fun.

Very fun, love seeing so many great ideas out there, it's very inspiring.

That's the point of these fun contests, they make us stretch our abilities and try something new. Heck, my sci-fi set up is more retro and definitely isn't as clean as anyone elses here. I might actually have to ask Lady Storm about it. @[email protected]

You can always link off-site to nudity/intense gore since those are prohibited to be shown in the forum. If you think it's 'too much" then just link it off-site.

Lol, I think I might be limited to entering one of these Sci-Fi contests =P And against that TARDIS, perhaps I should focus on entering the other one instead heehee

This from someone who has 2 figures in the hall of fame around here. I think you can enter anything you feel like and it'll be a strong contender Siri!

• Like 3