Painting Contest - Be a Spaceship Superstar! (ends Sept 7th, 2014)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, sorry for the lack of responses. I'm currently marshaling the Canadian F1 Grand Prix, and the 4:30 am to 9:00 pm days are leaving me wiped. So a few quick responses before I head to the track for the "Big Show".

All Reaper means all full figures need to be Reaper. Bases, scenic bits, etc can be whatever, as can bits used to mod a figure.

The entry threads will be put up once I get home, likely on Tuesday.

Pingo, doo eeet!

Now, off to the races. If you happen to watch, I'll be in 12 today, which is just after the hairpin.

• Like 7

I found this.

Please talk me out of it.

Go on and get it, it's awesome.

Oh wait... you said talk you out of buying it... sorry.  :devil:

One must read between the lines... When she says "Please talk me out of it!" She really means, "One of you buy it before I do."

• Like 6

I found this.

Please talk me out of it.

Go on and get it, it's awesome.

Oh wait... you said talk you out of buying it... sorry.  :devil:

One must read between the lines... When she says "Please talk me out of it!" She really means, "One of you buy it before I do."

That was my thought. My space mouslings would look awesome posed in front of that...

• Like 5

Okay, I'm going to try to word my request for help in such a way that my entry will still be a surprise.

I'm trying to find a male figure for my piece. Either a superhero without a cape, or a science fiction figure without all the bulky equipment. Basically, a figure with a simple, streamlined outfit. Also, one that isn't posed like he's holding a gun in both hands, since I'll most likely need to reposition any figure I get, and that pose would be very difficult to work around. An object in one hand isn't a problem, since I plan on having the finished figure holding something anyways.

Reaper doesn't really have anything that quite works. I found one figure that could maybe work, but it's intended to be a robot-type guy, and I'd have to freehand the entire face, which I'm reeeeeeally not comfortable with. I could probably manage it, but it would add a whole boatload more work and frustration than I'd want. Especially since, after freehanding the facial features on, I'd have to make it look like there's a clear visor over his face so it didn't look weird because the face of the actual figure is all one flat plane.  :wacko:

So, does anyone have any ideas of what figures/manufacturers I might want to check out?  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

I found one that would work nicely, but...$25 is a little more than I'm willing to pay right now.  :wacko: I'll keep searching around, but thanks for the suggestion, ub3r!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm sure one of the others will give you a better suggestion as they are much more into sci-fi/modern figures than yours truly, I'm not very versed in the other figures out there, but do remember seeing Infinity figures on this forum quite a few times.

• Like 2

The Molten Man clix. #15 in the 'Web of Spider-Man' set. It's a Common fig so should go for a buck or less (not counting S&H).

Troll & Toad has it for 39 cents plus $2.99 shipping.

If you don't like the "shorts on the outside" look, you could get either an Adaptoid (#007 for 69 cents) or the Super Adaptoid (#020 for 79 cents) and do a head swap with Molten Man (both Adaptoids have featureless faces. Both are from the 'Captain America' set).

There's also #031 from the 'Captain America' set. It's Steve Rogers in a SHIELD uniform with a pistol in one hand (there is no shield).

• Like 6

I'm going to blame Jasper for my most recent purchases.  A Shogun Bird of Prey and a Tiger APC.  Both were purchased for well less than the MSRP of the Tiger.

I will finish the Shogun (he's started a base coat).  Tiger APC... we'll see.  That is a lot of resin. 

• Like 6