Sign in to follow this  
ungoreatstefan

A Chance Encounter

Finally completed this diorama I've been working on. I'm pretty well pleased with it, though I've debated adding some more wild grass to the setup to make it more wilderness. I had a lot of fun making it, the only downside is I had so much fun with it and now I'm eager to start another project but I'm not sure what to paint next!

I wish I had a better camera than my smart phone and a better place to take photos, so these will have to do!

post-9280-0-87626200-1398913317_thumb.jpg

post-9280-0-46526000-1398913120_thumb.jpg

post-9280-0-83483100-1398913119.jpg

post-9280-0-84213900-1398913118_thumb.jpg

post-9280-0-45611900-1398913107_thumb.jpg

post-9280-0-10608600-1398913315_thumb.jpg

post-9280-0-22196300-1398913882.jpg

post-9280-0-81677600-1398913882.jpg

post-9280-0-27222500-1398913883.jpg

• Like 18

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun! I think I may go back and add some more wild grass tufts to better capture the wild wilderness of this scene and better establish that this is a chance meeting in a glade or clearing between two dangerous foes!

I wonder who will win, that Orc sure has an advantage with the high ground and that nasty looking sword!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again Reaper Message Boardonians!

So here's another piece of old school goodness, a Ral Partha Charging Barbarian, sculpted by Julie Guthrie way back in the delightful eighties.  This one was originally in one of the Partha Boxed sets, 98-015 Bezerkers, and now is sold individually at Iron Wind Metals.

Pretty quick to paint as he was unencumbered by too much armor, clothing or general stuff.  My biggest challenge with this fellow was to figure out his hair color.  Blonde eventually won the day.  

Anyhoos, please enjoy!
    • By lazarp
      Fun bunch to paint, I like the leader model. Hope you like them! :) 
    • By Darcstaar
      Just pulled these out of the drawer.  One of these Orcs was next in line on the Bones I Kickstarter Rewards image, so I’ll try to squad-paint them together to save time. They have been cleaned of mold lines.  The spearman’s spear was very bent, as was the great sword.  So, those got weapon swapped with basic weapons from Bones 3.  Those are darker grey.  Washed them, so just waiting for them to dry.  Also had to gap fill spearman’s wrists.
    • By Evilhalfling
      Is this encounter a matter of survival or planned by the sorceress.  Her story either way seems... fishy. 

First attempt at a large resin Diorama. 
      It needs the resin sides sanded/buffed with a mechanical sander.  By hand the resin just turns cloudy, so ill will leave it this way until I have access to the proper tool.
      a few additional refinements should be done before I enter it into competition 
      - more work on wave/ripple patterns.
      - change color / wetness of raft. 
      -paint base black. 

I am happy with it as a display piece,  I just need to keep the dust off, a the wave surface will be a headache to clean. 

WIP Thread.

• By Auberon
      This is my summer exchange mini for Rainbow Sculptor.  The marching orders were for Bones and something witchy.  I have fallen out of favor with Bones, but Bones Black seems better so I ordered a few of those.  In the end I went with the shaman.  On one hand the fabric was just a large block of color that needed broken up, but on the other the contours made it difficult to do anything too fancy.  Thus she ended up with a simple pattern that I could manage to get into the folds of the fabric.  The skin was mixed from 09658 Christmas Wreath and 09694 Retro Emerald, just because I'd never used them.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)