Looking for Dragons

Flamehawke

What the title says. I am seeking out non-reaper dragons to collect and paint. It can range from older models that I would have to get very lucky to find to newer ones that I can likely buy still. Yes wish list ones can be on there including ones that are only if I win the lottery or get really lucky. I will put one down I know I want. I would like model name if possible to make my hunt a little bit easier. Model name and company is even better, but I will take what I can get.

I already know I want Takhisis. She looks awesome.

Lost and found dragons showed a skeletal dragon that looks like fun to paint.

Alright. In addition there is a dragon miniature I recall my mom painting up in the late 80s-early 90s (I was still kid so I forget stuff at times). It was either a Swamp Dragon or some sort of undead dragon. I recall its wings had tears in it and it had a partly upright(might be wrong) stance. When the group broke apart one of ***** stole it from us. I would like to procure a copy for her so she can make a new one as she loved that miniature. I recall it being a thing of beauty and she even added some of the spiderweb stuff they sell at halloween to add to the swamp/undead feel. I just recall it being awesome and trying to hunt a new copy down after the jerk stole pretty much all of our minis (he left the handful my dad painted and took all the ones my mom painted).

• Like 3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it seems you might recognize the dragon you're looking for but don't know any details, I'd say google might be your friend here.

Try looking for Ral Partha dragon miniature and Grenadier Dragon miniature images first, and then try other companies that were around at the time.

Should you find a photo of it, or even another you like, then at least you'll have a starting point and something you can post here to see if anyone here has more info on it/them.

• Like 2

Good thought. I'll have to do it for that one. I'll still happily take suggestions on dragons to gather. As that one is simply the pain as my mother can't recall the model name either. I never thought of Grenadier. I did not know they did dragons.

• Like 1

I completely forgot about them until you mentioned them!

My dad used to buy up minis of theirs and always talked about how he was going to play Warhammer. I'll have to check them as well. It might be how we got that one dragon.

Dragons are my favorite creature and I don't have nearly enough of them. So I do intend to hunt dragons of all sorts down.

• Like 3

Good thought. I'll have to do it for that one. I'll still happily take suggestions on dragons to gather. As that one is simply the pain as my mother can't recall the model name either. I never thought of Grenadier. I did not know they did dragons.

Oh yeah Grenadier did dragons. They even did Dragon of the Month series of them.

Reapers obviously done a lot of Dragons. Search for dragons in their online store.

UltraForge Miniatures did a very nice dragon.

• Like 1

I am learning so much about who did or has done Dragons  :blink:. It is quite shocking to me, but I guess I should not be surprised as they are an exceedingly popular figure. We almost never use them in games, but we do love to paint them up all pretty.

• Like 2

I'll second Partha's bridge of sorrows. I wish I hadn't sold mine though I still have the bridge pillars in a case somewhere.

I also like Partha's Amethyst Dragon. Another on I wish I hadn't sold. I think my painting skills could now do it justice...

I like  Oathsworn's dragon, but then I'm a bit biased! ^_^

85145209.jpg

http://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/p/8805473/dragon.html

Also, my all-time favourite dragon, Tom Meier's Blue dragon, is still available from Iron Wind after all these years. It's not very big, but I've always loved it:

L07A2235-130313-02.jpg

http://www.ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7018

• Like 5

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=266&osCsid=jlu0k1b2uvlsbc7gjjtruvn0q4

All available dragons from Iron wind

Also Darksword has dragon minis based on classic D&D artists work.

They also have all of Dennise Mize's Dragons including the ones he sculpted for Ral Partha

Edited by EvilJames

They also still have another of my favorite Grenadier dragons - the Shire Dragon:

DR025.jpg

The Auld Grump

Oh, now I gotta find that black marble tile. Have the white marble with that cut, and I've seen that in sandstone in the same store, but  have not seen that one in person.

Mcfarlane Dragons had some really nice dragon action figures. They'll cost as much as a metal mini unless you find some collecting dust in a small shop.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2616

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2992

• Like 1