Here's what I've been working this week. It's tiny. Almost too tiny. I had to break out my goose neck magnifier to go along with my visor in order to really get a good look at the results of my painting. :blink:

I initially painted the skin pale lichen with a glaze of Citadel Color Dark Green Ink ( from the mid 80's I think I still have about half of a 10ml dropper bottle left) mixed w/ Liquitex Airbrush Medium and a touch of Slo-Dri Fluid Retarder. It wound up being too shiny for my liking, so I glazed back over it with highlands and jungle moss.

His tongue is actually base coated w/ a bright coral and pale lichen mix glazed over bright coral.

The fangs are shield brown and sandy brown mixed up through linen white.

The armor and shield are based w/ shield brown then glazed w/ a mix of pelican 56 brown ink thinned w/ airbrush medium, followed by a glazed on mix of shield brown/ sandy yellow . Once again the ink is too shiny so I'll be going back over that with a more matte paint.

His surcoat is red brick highlighted up with linen white.

The human skulls will probably be painted w/ the bone colors triad while the animal skull (I guess it's a dog) in the ivory bone triad.

The braid of hair is sandy yellow. Not sure how I'll treat this. Maybe mix it with a warm grey to give it a dead dirty look.

His claws with probably be painted black.

The spear haft is I think blackened brown with a shiny slathering of the aformentioned ink concoction darkened with the green ink.

The sword, helm spear head and other various metal objects... no idea yet as to how I'll be painting those.

And finally Dogsbane's unshown namesake... I'm thinking either a Lassie or  an Old Yeller color scheme.   I'll have to do some research as to which color combination would look best on the piece. Odd's are it'll probably be Lassie's.

IMG_1688_1_zps87748288.png

I've put about three and a half hours into this little piece so far and I have no idea how many more til I finish. Hopefully no more than twenty, counting the base I have yet to start.

Well, hope you guys are entertained and/or enlightened even ever so slightly.  Comments suggestions and such are always welcome.

edited: don't you just hate missing a spelling error? I know I do.

Edited by Seer of the Pitt
  • Like 8
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ced1106
      I backed their previous Halfling Yeoman riding chickens 😁 so figured I'd give them a shoutout!

TAG - Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde.  28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures. Metal.

"Pledges at £85, and over will be upgraded to our, FREE WORLDWIDE shipping service."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickstaterii/tag-gobudai-riders-of-the-shimmering-horde

• By LarsM
      Painted this one for a friends army.
      It is the Pathfinder Goblin Warchanter (sku: 89004). ..she is really tiny for my old eyes! :o)

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Brewmistress, a Goblin Mage from Games Workshop, this diminutive herbalist can be found plying her trade along the winding road between Veilmouth and Silverton. For two coppers she'll let you take a swig of whatever she's brewing at the time, while her potions are always beneficial, it's probably best not to consider what's in it.

Despite getting a little lazy with the ingredients rack towards the end, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By R2ED
      It's the weekend and you know what that means - lots of painting.

Got two little baddies here that are a nice departure from my Goblin Menace group I've been invested into.  I'm sure one of these green baddies is yelling out a command to go attack something, but how fitting to say, "Pull my finger."  Goblins humor.

Battle report!
      Wins:
      * Tried priming this time with an all metallic spray.  This was the Army Painter's Plate Mail primer.  Worked pretty well considering how much ground I needed to cover with the metallic.  Note that this did not have a tackiness to it like my little crab did with the Vallejo Leather primer.  Strange?
      * Taking a first run over the armor with Nuln Oil helped save a lot of time.  I then went over some of the other areas of the plate with Vallejo Metal Gun Metal.  Win!
      * Tried doing a rusting look over the plate with Agrax Earthshade - win.  Looked nice and grimey.  
      * Since these were already dirty, I figured why not add some damage to the plate and weapons.  Added rust and blood effects to the weapons and it came out pretty good I think.  Added some needed character.

Misses:
      * The "Pull my finger" goblin doesn't have really good clarity in the sculpt to get two eyes definined.  It wasn't bad to only have the one, but would have preferred two eyes. 
      *  The teeth look pretty bland. Used a white and yellow color mixed but it looked muddled.  Tried to show separation with black line.  Meh.
      * Originally had their lower cloth as warlord purple, but it just didn't fit.  Covered it with Gnoll Hide MSP, but even that looks kind of drab.  I feel that was a good chance to pop up the colors, but fell flat.
      * Used the Breast Cancer Pink again for the mouths.  Still works well, but needed better definition for the rest of the mouth.

These look pretty decent. I'll have to come up with a fun base or story for these two.  I also snagged the regular goblins, so coming up with something cool for all of them may be a good challenge to come.  

As always - any areas you see for improvement?

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)