Pingo....for some reason I couldn't help but notice that the pics of the faces kinda seem like they are looking at the person under them....O_O

I like the partial mask concept on Svetlana btw.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 2

I love these so far. The blue is a beautiful shade and I love the eyes especially the princess. Can't wait to see them finished.

• Like 2

The faces have a really nice gestural painterly look to them.  When seen in tightly cropped photos like that they remind me of Frans Hals' portraits.

• Like 1

I love the style you impart on your minis! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Nice start, and an imposing line up of giants wanting paint!  Might be a long time before they're finished, but I figured I'd skip to the end and just start following now.  So I don't have to worry about missing anything epic.  ^_^

• Like 3

Just a few notes.  

02599 Frorigh was sculpted by Jason Wiebe, 77107 Svetlana by Derek Schubert, and 77106 Boerigg by Gene van Horne.  I don't know the concept artists' names.  The Otherworld frost giant is sculpted by Paul Muller.  The jester is from Black Scorpion, but I haven'tfound information on who the sculptor is.

Reaper's Frorigh figure is pretty front-heavy.  His center of gravity is barely on his base.  When I first assembled him the slightest brush against his backside would send him toppling nose-first.  After considering various options, I decided to mold a small wedge of epoxy putty under the base.  I raised the front edge about 2mm, tapering down to the back edge.  Now he will still go over if you give a good wallop to his backside, but a simple table bump won't do it.

I have seen people put Frorigh figures on large bases, which is probably the most sensible option.

• Like 4

Duochrome would be cool to see.  Since I am pretty sure that you would easily pull this off I will watch and learn something.

I am already liking the colors btw.  I like browns and blues together though so that's probably got something to do with it.

• Like 4

Definitely interested in watching this one Pingo. I love that the close ups of their faces look like oil paintings!

• Like 2

Love the skin on these. I'll look forward to the duochrome scheme (side note, my phone's autocorrect wanted that phrase to be "monochrome Schenectady" which sounds like maybe a White Stripes coverband), as the brown and blue is triggering all kinds of happiness amongst my rods and cones.

Lovely eyes, too.

For Fohrig, I'd definitely suggest a wooden round, Luke you can get at Michael's. Easy and heavy.

• Like 4

Love the skin on these. I'll look forward to the duochrome scheme (side note, my phone's autocorrect wanted that phrase to be "monochrome Schenectady" which sounds like maybe a White Stripes coverband), as the brown and blue is triggering all kinds of happiness amongst my rods and cones.

Lovely eyes, too.

For Fohrig, I'd definitely suggest a wooden round, Luke you can get at Michael's. Easy and heavy.

Seven Nation army was playing as I read this post.

OT:  Really liking the way the giants are turning out.  Paying close attention as I still have mine to do, and I think that some limited color schemes could be useful.

• Like 3

That jester is going to look interesting...

Love me some brown liner. My washes have never been the same...

• Like 2

Are you familiar with  Goscinny and  Uderzo 's Asterix comics? This picture reminds me of Cacophonix the Bard having another of his usual run ins with Fulliautomatix the smith

post-8022-0-63016400-1399250452.jpg

• Like 7